Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

difficult night / episode of depression

2»

Comments

• Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
    What if it's just a complete mental breakdown waiting to happen
  • Options
    I'm going to try ask my mental health team if going into hospital can at least be considered
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    If you think hospital would help you @IainJammyboy, I think it's pretty brave to ask about it. Well done for knowing what you need and being willing to talk about it.
    Crisis team told me because I've waited this episode out before I can do it again - I can't do it again
    Also this seems like questionable logic! Is that literally what they said?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @JustV No chance in hell am I ever going to get the support I need - the mental health team also told me that my mood stabilizer is also an antidepressant?????????? Just makes me feel like I'm overreacting - or even I'm just so jealous of people in hospital or whatnot, they can at least get the support I can't access or anything. They said because I had a history of overdosing a couple times they were scared I'll do it again but still won't offer any help???? I can't even shower properly anymore, haven't showered in a few days since this started a week ago
  • Options
    @JustV and yeah that exactly what my crisis team said word for word lmao I told them about that it's on and off and everything else but they always just fuck me over
  • Options
    Does anyone feel like nothing makes sense but that there's a meaning behind everything???? Idk I can't explain it maybe I just am crazy
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @JustV No chance in hell am I ever going to get the support I need - the mental health team also told me that my mood stabilizer is also an antidepressant?????????? Just makes me feel like I'm overreacting - or even I'm just so jealous of people in hospital or whatnot, they can at least get the support I can't access or anything. They said because I had a history of overdosing a couple times they were scared I'll do it again but still won't offer any help???? I can't even shower properly anymore, haven't showered in a few days since this started a week ago

Hey that sounds rlly frustrating if ur not being listened to, I would deffo keep putting pressure on them to help u because u deserve to receive the help u need!
  • Options
    Talked to my crisis team today, took into consideration everything I said and these weird psychotic symptoms - we talked about hospital, but they said it's something that has been considered and can be in the future, but because of the environment it's like it's not the best fit we think right now especially as we don't understand what it is that's wrong
  • Options
    I feel like myself again just today
  • Options
    I don't know how I feel at all
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Hi @IainJammyboy
    Just checking in to see how you are doing now? <3
  • Options
    @Matthew_04 cheers - idk I'm still doing kinda bad, but it's like the more I think the worse it gets
  • Options
    Feels like any past attempts or anything are completely invalidated cause I'm a guy
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,022 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy you’re still human though and all your struggles should be valid. I’m so sorry society makes guys feel like that, it’s so crap :/
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe I don't want to live like this
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,022 Wise Owl
    Please keep going. You’ve been through so much, so all that can happen is for it to get better. I guess by reaching out on here you’re showing people that men need and deserve support, so you’re contributing to hopefully a change there.
  • Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Hey @IainJammybo well done for seeking support from the community :)

Things seem tough right now, and I wanted to check in. Are you feeling safe today? <3

Remember, you're incredibly strong, and we're here for you every step of the way. There's no pressure to handle this alone. If things feel overwhelming, please reach out to any of us, or use these resources:
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

You're doing so well <3
  • Options
    @ella yeah I'll be safe - seeing the crisis team tomorrow too so hopefully something will be done
  • Options
    Why are hallucinations taken as such a big deal even if they're not immediately distressing?
  • Options
    I'm terrified
  • Options
    The more I talk about these hallucinations and people watching me the more it goes through my mind the more I convince myself it's real and I can't do anything
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @IainJammyboy just checking in with you as I can hear you're struggling and hope you're okay <3 How did the crisis team go?