Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
I don't no if its the feeling of being insecure or wanting to b reassured but I say sorry alot, Friday I said sorry n a woman sed 'stop saying sorry' without thinking I just went 'f.off'
have I got issues? Have I still got things to solve n work out? I'm not a bad person.
N why do family keep stuff quiet to others?
N I had a go at my uncles wife coz everyone thinks she's unreasonable. N I told her wat we thought of her over fb but dw she's all the way in NZ haha.
N wat is vascular dementia. With a person saying they hav 2yrs but don't go into depth is frustrating
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 You are not a bad person. <3
    Some people say sorry a lot even when they don't need to. There's many reasons why some people do this like feelings of guilt, low self esteem, unhealthy boundaries in a relationship. Some of these may resonate with you or they might not and that's okay.
    I think that most people have things that they could work on as a person but we must remember to be kind to ourself and give ourself lots of credit for any effort we put into this.

Vascular dementia is caused by a restriction of blood flow to the brain that can then cause problems in planning, judgement, reasoning, memory and language. But these symptoms can very depending on the individual and the specific area of the brain affected. I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask any more questions.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 642 Incredible Poster
    edited February 8
    Feeling like you are insecure and that you aren't good enough and you make mistakes a lot can often cause you to feel like you have to apologise a lot to others. Often there is no need to apologise, but you might just feel like you have to. It's not easy being told to stop saying sorry so it makes sense why you reacted the way you did, although it might not have been the best way of handling the situation. The person might have felt like they were trying to help you but from your point of view it might've felt like a criticism. What happened doesn't make you a bad person. We all have our own 'issues' and things we can work on, but remember that you are good enough just as you are!

Families might keep things quiet because they might not know how to approach difficult conversations. For example, when you said that uncle's wife is unreasonable and you let her know this, well, your uncle and other family members might realise that she is unreasonable but don't know how to approach her about this as it may cause upset.

Vascular dementia is a type of dementia that is caused by problems with blood flow to the brain (often caused by a stroke or mini strokes). Dementia is a condition where the person is forgetful and will have problems relating to memory, judgment and planning. They might get confused with names, dates, times, and places. It might affect them when it comes to making a meal or putting clothes on. Because of these difficulties they may also struggle with their emotions too as they might get frustrated at not being able to do things they used to do. It will sadly get worse with time, though there might be medications to help slow the condition a bit.

Since the person who has vascular dementia might not be able to (or want to) talk about it much is there anyone else you could to talk about it? Maybe the person has a family member you could talk to and ask any questions you might have?

Take care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.