Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling hyper and paranoia

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
Hi so this might sound silly but I have been super hyper tonight and I think I am annoying my mum a bit with my hyperness. This morning I went out today with my mum which I enjoyed but but when we were outdoors it was like everything became louder and bigger. I felt like a shadow on my shoulder constantly, eventhough when I turned around there was no one there. I just felt paranoid for no reason. It was like Andy (that's the name I've given for my anxiety) was behind me. It felt like this shadow eventhough I had such a good day. I know sometimes around my menstrual cycle I can become more anxious and hyper aware of everything. I don't know why this happened and I mentioned it to my mum and she said for me to look forward not back because I may trip or something. I just feel different and it felt like a weight off my back. I just felt aware of everything for some reason and I don't normally feel like this. Maybe this is me being silly after all because no one was actually behind me even though the thoughts were there. I think maybe I have been watching too many news lately and seeing stories of people walking sometimes and bad things happening.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    I just looked at the paranoia article on here and that kind of helped ish, I did have to look at that article for a brief moment.
  • Options
    I don't know why I looked at that article I feel silly right now sorry if your having to read this right now
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    This isn't silly at all @Amy22. Your feelings are valid and we are glad to hear the paranoia article on here kind of helped. What does help look like for you with this at the moment? We are here for you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    This isn't silly at all @Amy22. Your feelings are valid and we are glad to hear the paranoia article on here kind of helped. What does help look like for you with this at the moment? We are here for you <3

Thank you @Laura_tigger82 but really it is kins of silly as there is probably lots of others on here who need it more than me. I think I just felt anxious recently for no reason at all, it was like Andy the name I've given for my anxiety was physically behind me watching me recently and yesterday when I was out.

I think also I have been browsing this book which is a mystery and there is a character who constantly is everywhere and follows the main character so i think it could be from that maybe.

I dont know what help kind of looks for me at the moment but I think either meditation which can be quite hard for me because of my focus being so terrible. I think trying to stay in the present and reassure myself that there is no one behind me and that maybe the anxiety I called Andy isn't there at all.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Amy22 I just wanted to agree with the above - you don't sound silly at all and it is so valid for you to share your thoughts on here and receive support <3 It can be hard not to compare our problems with others but everything is so relative to each person - and your anxiety is still worthy of help :3 It sounds great that you are so self-aware and realise that that book could be worsening your thoughts. Good idea for trying to stay in the present - deep, slow breaths may be useful for staying calm and centred. Have you tried approaching your GP about your anxiety?
  • Options
    amy02 wrote: »
    Hey @Amy22 I just wanted to agree with the above - you don't sound silly at all and it is so valid for you to share your thoughts on here and receive support <3 It can be hard not to compare our problems with others but everything is so relative to each person - and your anxiety is still worthy of help :3 It sounds great that you are so self-aware and realise that that book could be worsening your thoughts. Good idea for trying to stay in the present - deep, slow breaths may be useful for staying calm and centred. Have you tried approaching your GP about your anxiety?

Thank you @amy02 I am supposed to be having a medication review with my GP soon, so I may bring this up at some point when I do go. It just feels like a habit for me now to look behind and jump and twitch lately for no reason at all. I think it's one of those habits I will have to un-learn for the time being and keep reassuring myself. I think it can stem from my dreams because I have dreams of either being chased or being followed sometimes.