Homeโ€บ Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hey

toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
hi everyone im new to this website
i came on here because i wanted to interact with more people around my age group. so far i can see that this website is like Childline but the age range is more wider and there's slightly more information for young adults

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya. I know nothing about childline, but welcome to the mix! Hope you're doing well. See you around :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Hiii @toffuna101 welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey @toffuna101 ! Welcome to The Mix! We cover anyone 25 and under, so hopefully you can find a lot of people around here that's around your age!
  • Options
    thank you everyone for welcoming me
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hey @toffuna101 welcome to The Mix!. We are kind of like childlike expect that we support a variety of age groups up to 25 years old. I'm sure you will enjoy being on here. I look forward to seeing you around on the boards.

All the best,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hello @toffuna101, welcome to our community! Hope youโ€™re doing okay and that you enjoy your time here on the boards! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @toffuna101 wwlcome to the mix! i used to use childline a lor and in my opinion the mix is much better. you dont have to wait for your posts to go through (as im sure youve noticed) and it feels like more of a communitu. ive made some amazint friends here. i hope ur ok and i hope u enjoy being a part of this community as much as i have! โ™ก
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    yeah im glad that we get more freedom with how we don't have to wait for the chats to go through. one thing i will say though is that the UI and the design of the website looks really different to Childline. the mix looks less colourful and playful in a sense, whilst in Childline it's more vibrant. im not sure how often the mix changes the design of the website but its giving me early to mid 2010s vibes which is a breath of fresh air to how brands modernise themselves
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    I also noticed that too @toffuna10. I think Childline tends to use more softer brighter colours which are aimed at a younger target audience in comparison to TheMix which has more neutral colour schemes which cater to a variety of audiences and age groups. Im glad you find it a breath of fresh air compared to how brands are modernising themeselves <3. I also enjoy the colours on here a lot too as I find they aren't too bright or gender specific generally speaking <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @toffuna101 welcome to the community! It's great to have you here <3
  • Options
    thank u @amy02 B)
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    yeah im glad that we get more freedom with how we don't have to wait for the chats to go through. one thing i will say though is that the UI and the design of the website looks really different to Childline. the mix looks less colourful and playful in a sense, whilst in Childline it's more vibrant. im not sure how often the mix changes the design of the website but its giving me early to mid 2010s vibes which is a breath of fresh air to how brands modernise themselves

i quite like the design of the mix too. the blue everywhere in childline is kinda overwhelming but thats just me. i never thought of the mix giving 2010s vibes but now that u say that i get what u mean lol
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 638 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix!

We are similar to ChildLine in that we exist to support young people with whatever they are dealing with. But the support from ChildLine usually comes to an end when a young person reaches 18 (I think, I could be wrong) but we support young people from the ages of 13-25. We might occasionally signpost younger users to ChildLine if it's more appropriate to their needs.

But yes, you will meet a variety of people here! Hope you find what you are looking for :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @toffuna101 welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    thanks @lunarcat522 B)
  • Options
    Maisy wrote: ยป
    Welcome to The Mix!

We are similar to ChildLine in that we exist to support young people with whatever they are dealing with. But the support from ChildLine usually comes to an end when a young person reaches 18 (I think, I could be wrong) but we support young people from the ages of 13-25. We might occasionally signpost younger users to ChildLine if it's more appropriate to their needs.

But yes, you will meet a variety of people here! Hope you find what you are looking for :)

childline offers support up to your 19th birthday and thank you for welcoming me @Maisy
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Slightly late to the welcoming party but hello and welcome @toffuna101 - it's good to have you here with us :3
  • Options
    thank you @sinead276
  • Options
    sammojimakersammojimaker Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    hey ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ผ
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community, @toffuna101! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @toffuna101 welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    thank you everyone B)
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix! <3
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hello @toffuna101 :) Welcome to the mix! I hope you enjoy it here!