Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trigger warning-SH and SI context

ElleFroggo05ElleFroggo05 Posts: 121 The Mix Convert
Hey guys sorry
So recently I’ve gotten really intrusive thoughts about the above trigger
The one thing stopping me from it is worrying what my mum would be like which is weird because she knows about the thoughts and she don’t make too big a thing out them but they are just thoughts and not the actions so idk if that plays a part
I just really don’t want to disappoint her or make her mad but I know I can’t force myself to not do anything for any longer
Sorry thanks for reading sorry if wasted your time sorry thanks sorry
How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 596 Incredible Poster
    edited December 2023
    Hey @ElleFroggo05, thank you for your trust in sharing this with us. It's really brave of you to reach out. Let us know how you're feeling this morning <3

I'm hearing how things are feeling quite tough and that you have been having these intrusive thoughts around SH for a while now. When those thoughts have intensified in the past, what have you found has helped you to cope with them and keep yourself safe?

I know you mentioned that worrying what your mum would think has stopped you in the past - would you feel comfy sharing with her how strong the urges are feeling at the minute?

The organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH that you might like to look into.

If you'd like some text based support, Crisis Messenger is open 24/7 everyday. To access this support, you can text THEMIX to 85258.

I remember you mentioning at the start of last month that you had been attending a peer support group which is such a brave step to take. I wondered how that has been going and are you still attending those sessions?

Keep reaching out for support and remember you're not alone <3
  • Options
    Nothing really I kind of just force myself to not do it
    Ye I told her then she took a bunch my stuff away for some of it it felt like she took my indentiy away like my badges and stuff. She tried take away my earrings but that was way too far
    She also said if I text her how bad it is again she’d take more stuff away
    I have calm harm I’ll get distract thanks
    I’ll try remember that thank you
    Ye I still attend but there’s no more sessions until new year because the venue is shut for the period
    How is my adhd autistic anxious depressed brain functioning-? I don’t know either
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Do you feel able to talk to her about how you are feeling and which items you would like back @ElleFroggo05? It sounds really difficult that you feel she took it too far and you feel like your identity has been taken away.

How have you found the distractions - what do you find most helpful in terms of the distractions? We are here with you and, hopefully, you will be able to go to the sessions you find useful again soon once the Christmas period has passed :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Gemma see previous sorry I keep forgetting tag
    @Laura_tigger82
    I’ve told her a little I felt like it was too much. She took away my badges but my mates call me badge girl so it’s hard
    Music is really helpful I can’t really find many more distractions especially at 4am
    Thanks
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ElleFroggo05 it's really brave for you to reach out and explain what's going on! how are you doing today? i read that you find music helpful at night. have you found anything else since then that's also helpful to you? i know it is hard to talk to others about how you're feeling, especially family but we all hope you're okay. let us know how you're doing <3
  • Options
    @nat_ could be better but it’s ok. Just been having worse week mentally and my sleep has been awful.
    Ye I found other stuff but music is my main thing
  • Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hey @ElleFroggo05 Just thought I would check in to see how you are doing today? Have you managed to get some better sleep? We are always here if you need to talk <3
  • Options
    @Issie_11 am struggling still especially with my sleep
  • Options
    EmmaLizEmmaLiz Moderator, Staff Posts: 10 Settling in
    edited December 2023
    @ElleFroggo05 sorry to hear you're still struggling to sleep. I hope you manage to have a restful night soon <3

I just wanted to echo the posts above and say it's really brave of you to reach out on here. I know it can be really hard. How are you feeling today?

We're always here if you want to talk
  • Options
    @EmmaLiz am ok my little brother is really exicted for Christmas so I’m just trying be happy for him. He’s 8 but has autism and PDA so it’s took him longer than most kids to understand Christmas and stuff so the fact he is so into it and exicted about it this year makes me really happy
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ElleFroggo05 Thanks for sharing with us - I'm so glad to hear you are finding joy through your little brother <3
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ElleFroggo05

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? We are here for you :heart:
    Sending hugs
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    @amy02 @*BananaMonkey* thanks I’m ok could be worse
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    @amy02 @*BananaMonkey* thanks I’m ok could be worse

We are here for you if you want to talk about things :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    @“BananaMonkey” thanks just trying keep shit together lol