Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried about my medication

AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,005 Wise Owl
Hi, so I’ve been taking an antidepressant for over a year now and I think it’s saved my life, as cringey as that sounds. I’m planning on going to university next year, and I’ve heard that when you go to uni and change doctors, they sometimes don’t agree with your previous doctor and want to change treatments or whatever? Has anyone experienced this? I’m just scared I’ll lose my medication. I had to fight so hard to get it and I don’t want to go all the way back to before I had it. I won’t even be able to manage university without it, I’m sure. Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    When I moved to university I didn’t experience this . When I registered with the doctors surgery closet to where I lived, I just had to have an appt with the Gp to discuss all the meds I had been on . Bassically I was on XYZ put me back on then. They might suggest things like oh could we do some bloods or could we have a blood pressure etc but I can’t see then taking you off then :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.