Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What movies have you watched lately?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hey all!

It feels like there's been a lot of big releases in recent times, as well as some cool ones coming soon. Hunger Games, The Marvels, the Taylor Swift Eras Tour film... and so many more!

What have you watched recently, and what did you think of it? What new releases are you excited for? Let us know in the thread below! :)
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Azziman great thread idea! I'm definitely excited for the Hunger Games film - I already have my tickets booked!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @Azziman This is a pretty cool thread thanks for creating it!. Honestly I got to agree with @lunarcat522 I am looking forward to the new Hunger Games film eventhough I may not be able to go to see it. However, it does look promising <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Great idea for a thread! I watched the school for good and evil over halloween and thats probs the best movie ive watched recently but it’s nearly time for the xmas movies! Hope everyone who goes to see the new hunger games movie enjoys
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    hi @Azziman great thread idea! I'm a huge Swiftie so of course had to go and check out the Eras Tour film - it was one of the best night of my life! Would recommend to anyone, even if you're not a huge fan of her music!

I also watched Love at First Sight on Netflix the other day, it was actually really emotional (may or may not have had a little cry in the middle) but all the elements of a typical rom com which I love! Just with more emotional poignancy than you'd expect
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 & @Amy22 - heard loud and clear, also excited for the new Hunger Games film - just waiting for the tickets to be released so I can get my seat :) Let me know what you think of it when you get the chance to watch it!

@catherines03 So glad to hear you had a great time at the Eras Tour! From what I've heard, it's quite an experience like no other because of the audience :) I'm also a fan of some Taylor Swift - did try to get tickets this week, but everything sold out in seconds. So the film might be my best chance now to "see" her perform haha!
  • Options
    @Azziman I watched it over the weekend, it was amazing, I absolutely loved it!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    I watched the hunger games film this weekend too and think it was amazing! Its been a few days and i still can't stop talking about it! has anyone read the books? I definitely want to after watching the film!
  • Options
    @Katie12 I've read the first book but didn't read the rest as I'm not really into the romance but will definitely try reading the most recent one at some point as I really enjoyed the film!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Posts: 10 Settling in
    I saw the hunger games and the marvels movies this weekend, Enjoyed the hunger games alot! Much different vibe from the originals but there were some cool moments, was a little long for my liking though. The marvels had some fun bits but overall not my favourite, felt a little samey to other recent marvel movies.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    faolan wrote: »
    I watched hot fuzz last night. Old but gold 😅

hot fuzz is so so good!. One of my favourite films actually <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Has anyone started watching Xmas movies yet! I’ve started on the Xmas books but not movies
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    I watched a bit of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night since it was just on TV and nothing else was on

But I'm yet to start on the Christmas movies - although I can assure that they will be getting watched during the run up to Christmas (especially Elf and the Nativity movies)
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 Not yet but we tend to watch Elf every year as it's my mum's favourite! Also the Snowman & the Snowman and the Snowdog, I really enjoy those.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 I have watched a few Christmas specials from TV shows but no films yet! Trying to wait until December but think i might give in over the next few days!
    @sinead276 @lunarcat522 I think Elf has to be one of my favourites too!
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 @Katie12 @Amy22 @Sherlock - Watched the Hunger Games over the weekend! Very different to what I was expecting, but really enjoyed it - was a fun watch :) Now I want to go back and rewatch the original trilogy again!

@ebyrne556 - No Xmas films yet (or music, for that matter!). But once December is in full swing, it'll be Xmas everything all the way! :)
  • Options
    @Azziman Same! I have started rewatching the old ones again too! i forgot how much i love the films
  • Options
    Managed to watch the new Wonka film - was a really fun watch! Growing up, my friends & I used to love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (mainly because of all the chocolate they got!), so it was good to rekindle that experience. And of course, I had some chocolate while watching :)