Homeβ€Ί General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Winter wishes β„οΈπŸŽ„β­οΈβ˜ƒοΈ

lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
I know it's a bit early, but what's everyone's wishes for this winter? It could be what you want to achieve or do, what you're looking forward to or what you want for Christmas (if you celebrate), or anything you like! :)

I'm looking forward to the all the fairy lights and decorations, the Christmas themed adverts on the TV, hot chocolates and wrapping myself up in blankets inside! I'm also looking forward to spending time with extended family, and the general lead up to Christmas.

I'm hoping to get some more books and I'm looking forward to the release of Heartstopper #5 by Alice Oseman, and the new Hunger games film.

I'm wishing for some snow this winter as I just think it's really pretty 🀞

I'm also hoping to do well on a sociology closed book assessment next month.

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Ohh good thread idea! Im very excited for just the general vibes especially the films and the music cuz they are just great.Also love going for drives to look at all the decorations
    Yesss heart stopper 5 I thought it was being released this week but turns out its next month
    Good luck for your assesment as well! Excited to see what everyone else says!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Ahhh this is such a lovely thread @lunarcat522! I'm also looking forward to the lead up to Christmas, the decorations, and snuggling in blankets!

In particular, I really can't wait to feel the nostalgia watching 2 Christmas movies with my sisters - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys (not sure if anyone knows the movie since it's really old), and Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse!! I've also decorated my living room and I love how the Christmas tree looks!

Also I really can't wait for New Year's, the thought of cooking lots of delicious food with family makes me really happy :smile:

Winter is a great season for getting some new books, I'm also looking forward to Heartstopper! And hopefully we'll get some snow this year, fingers crossed!

Best of luck with your sociology assessment too! You've got this!! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    I can't wait for the christmas music to be everywhere and the christmas lights in towns and stuff.

I hopefully end up going to a christmas market somewhere with friends as well as I always enjoy those :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I think one of my winter wishes this year is for everyone to have a safe christmas this year. There has been so much happening in the world which really shoulden't be happening and I wish for the warmth and safety for those in Gaza at the moment, for the innocent palenstinians. For those who have no family to spend christmas, those who may not have a roof over their head. For those who are struggling with their mental health, those who are in denial with their identity and sexuality. May they have a warm and safe Christmas this year <3.

On a slightly more positive note, I think I am looking forward to the new Doctor Who episodes coming out late November as well as re-watching old favourite films.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    I also cannot wait for hot chocolates and the lead up to Christmas, watching films and listening to music :)