Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm leaving The Mix for good...

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
I think I am going back to college, Im just waiting on them to contact me because most courses start in September but they said they do have courses that start a different times of the year.

Before I leave, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

- how weird is it being in college older as I am 20s and most other students will be 18 max?

- is college the right step at this age?

I was thinking I might be too tired to come on here after college.

Goodbye.

Comments

• Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hi FordRanger! Honestly, from experience it doesn’t feel all that weird! You’re all there to study the same thing and that’s all that anyone cares about at the end of the day.

And if college feels like the right step for you (doesn’t matter the age) then that’s all that really matters. Everyone does things at different stages!

Hope that helps and good luck! :)
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    Like the other response has said, i don't think it's weird at all to return to college.

Everyone is on their own journey and at their own pace so if you feel like it will be right for you then absolutely go for it.

It doesn't really matter what age we decide to take a new step in our lives, as long as we enjoy it.

Good luck with getting back to college and sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Everyone has all got their own journey and there is nothing odd about being older than most students. I had a friend in his 40's on one of my courses learning. Also wishing all the best for your new adventure, hope all goes well <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @FordRanger It's totally fine and no one really cares about age in college. Good luck for your college!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Cheers guys
  • Options
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Awww heyy! Good on you for taking this step, just make sure to give it your all. I'm super proud of you ❤️ Hopefully this will help give you a sense of a accomplishment because I know how down you've been feeling about your situation.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going to college at 20. There isnt a time limit on doing these things, it's society that makes us feel that way. Being older is a positive in my eyes because you're more mature and focused so you're likely to do better anyways.

If you still want to work with motor cars and this is an avenue that will allow you to do so , go for it. Don't let the negative opinions stop you from taking the nessary steps.

You've got this !

• Options
    Awww heyy! Good on you for taking this step, just make sure to give it your all. I'm super proud of you ❤️ Hopefully this will help give you a sense of a accomplishment because I know how down you've been feeling about your situation.

I dont think theres anything wrong with going to college at 20. There isnt a time limit on doing these things, it's society that makes us feel that way. Being older is a positive in my eyes because you're more mature and focused so you're likely to do better anyways.

If you still want to work with motor cars and this is an avenue that will allow you to do so , go for it. Don't let the negative opinions stop you from taking the nessary steps.

You've got this !

Thanks @Salix_alba_2019
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi @FordRanger , would just like to agree with the others and say that age is really not a big factor in college! I started at 18 and made friends in their 20s and I love hanging out with them just as much as I did with other 18-year-olds so I'm sure you'll be totally fine. Have fun and good luck!!