Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tiktok

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,006 Community Veteran
Why do ppl broadcast crime conspiracies on tiktok? I think it's gotten stupid, wat do others think of tiktok n wat is it 4? Elphaba and cla r pointless
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    heya @ellie2000 sometimes tiktok can be quite overwhelming but it depends what you watch on it. I know that theirs different ‘sides’ to tiktok depending on the algorithin and what videos you have watched previously.I became quite addicted to it lol but i enjoyed watching the cake making vidoes and cute pets. Whats your favourite type of video to watch.The crime conspiracies can be quite interesting though but not always the most realistic.I think sometimes its interesting to see what others are thinking.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    edited October 2023
    Hey @ellie2000, that's a good question. It's a question that comes around every couple of years with the newest social media, "Why do people film X content on X platform?", lost count of the number of times it's come up! I'd agree with @ebyrne556, it's based on algorithms, and people find crime and conspiracy content thrilling/exciting (whether they're real or fake!) so it gets their attention. Content that gets more attention is promoted more by the algorithm so it gets more views, which then encourages more people to make that content to get audience attention. So as long as people want to watch that content, people will keep making it.

TikTok is essentially just a content-sharing platform with an algorithm to help decide what videos to show you - depending on who you are, it can be entertainment, advertising, community-based etc - the beauty of social media platforms is that they are very open to different purposes and communities :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 just to add what the others said, TikTok massively depends on its algorithm and how you interact with it- try liking and commenting on videos that you want to see to stay on that particular 'side' of tiktok e.g. interact with videos of cute puppies if you want to see more of them! This can help make TikTok a space that is positive or at least neutral for your mental health!
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 IKR TikTok is so weird. Actually all social media is weird. Why do some trends involve stuff that might be detrimental to us???

It is important to be aware of what you see online and follow what you think is right, but don't go too far that you end up doing the stuff you see on social media. I have heard of TikTok influencers getting arrested for crimes like murder WTH?
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,006 Community Veteran
    @Jimette ppl r looking for a reaction

Is tht wat u mean? Wats detrimental?

Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 What if people who watch those TikTok influencers do the same things the influencers do?
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3