Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

rude people

sammojimakersammojimaker Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
I'd love to start my first post about something I do best complain: today I just spoke to a guy sorry but he had no clue what he was talking about and no clue to any of my questions not a great start then when i tried to say anything he said i was talking to fast but the thing that really annoyed me when i asked what can be done to help me he said cause i cant take meds for good reasons "I've eliminated more than half of treatment options" and its my fault that I'm not getting support like tf 🤬i really hate ignorant people like you are suppose be helping people ik this happens all the time but i wont stand for it, we need better for people in need like if that's best i can get why bother reaching out also why do people love to say the gp will answer any and all questions like when you get there they cant answer anything like looks like one can answer questions or do anything anyway he ending the call by really quickly hanging up on me made me feel really great and supported so glad he could help! 😍

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @sammojimaker, just picking this up now. First of all, thank you for sharing your experience on here, that's a really brave thing to do <3

It sounds like you didn't have a good experience with the GP, and your frustration makes sense. You expected to receive help and support and weren't given it, and I'm sorry to hear that's what you went through. The experience you had is one of the reasons that put people off getting support, and it wasn't good enough, end of.

You deserve to be heard and to be supported, and the GP is meant to be the first port of call for support and services. For perspective, there are lots of great GPs that will provide that, so it might be a case of asking to speak to another GP from the practice. I know that sounds frustrating given what you went through, but I'm hoping that a different GP will be more helpful and support you, because you deserve to be treated much better than what you've explained here. <3

If you're looking for alternative services for support, you could also try the following:
    - Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258 | https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team
    - Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    - SHOUT | Text SHOUT to 85258
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @sammojimaker ,This was a frustrating experience. It's essential to remember that not all healthcare professionals have the same level of understanding or empathy, and sometimes, you might encounter individuals who are not as helpful as you'd hope.

It's crucial to advocate for your own health and well-being. If you feel that you're not receiving the support you need from one healthcare provider, consider seeking a second opinion or looking for another mental health professional who might be more knowledgeable and understanding.

Remember that you're not alone in your journey to seek help and support, and there are many people and resources available that genuinely care about your well-being. Don't hesitate to reach out to others, whether it's friends, family, or different healthcare providers, to find the assistance you need. Your mental health is important, and it's worth pursuing the right support.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.