Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bit of a vent? ⚠️ TW ⚠️

ririsssririsss Posts: 16 Settling in
I had a really rough night last night and my boyfriend told me that we should make a doctors appointment, but the thing is- I can't? The last time I told a doctor that I felt suicidal and had actually considered taking my own life because the thoughts get so bad sometimes, he said I didn't "sound suicidal". I use a more happy (?) sounding voice on the phone and it makes me so angry because I can't control it and it leads to people completely misunderstanding me. I'm not really sure where to turn considering loads of people have brushed me off over the past two years.

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hello @ririsss i’m sorry you feel this way I imagine it’s not a very nice feeling when people don’t understand you and get your point of view on things. What if you book the appointment and go physically into the doctors and explain everything to them and explain to them your really not okay? I hope you feel better soon we are here for you anytime 🩵
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ririsss, I can understand how that you make you feel angry. You deserve to be heard and understood, irrespective of how you sound - the content is important too! I'd still suggest speaking to a doctor, because they can discuss what your support options are. I like @_Tech_Addict_Girl's suggestion of explaining the situation, providing that context helps to ensure you're both on the same page. Sending hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.