Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm back!

ririsssririsss Posts: 16 Settling in
So, my holiday was awful- we stayed in this dingy party hotel and I haven't slept properly for over a week, but I'm back, finally with the motivation to post. In the end, the whole holiday was so bad that we called off listening to the song my mum was so desperate to listen to, because the heatwave was really bad.

She was so in denial of the fact we just don't get along it's insane. I had two mental breakdowns within the first two nights and the hotel had no Wi-Fi, so it's not even like I could reach out to anybody. I had to deal with her verbal abuse all week and had very little privacy. It felt like I was trapped in a nightmare and couldn't wake up. I ended up with over twenty mosquito bites which almost all got infected and only got to shower once because the bathroom was so bad. This sounds like a hotel review, but I've been so desperate to get all of this off my chest because it's something I NEVER want to experience again.

TLDR: Stayed a week in a dingy hotel abroad with my already abusive mum who verbally abused me the whole time and it was a rubbish holiday overall.

Comments

• Options
    marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    I'm so sorry that you had to experience that however, I am glad that you used this thread to get it off your chest. I can relate to you in terms of having an abusive family which is why I do my utmost best to avoid them or do things myself. I do not want to get into my life story much but what I wanted to tell you is that I can understand. Even if you may not believe it and it is easier said that proven.

If you ever need a friend or simply want to talk, my dms are open and I will do my upmost best to respond as soon as possible.

I hope you are doing well as of late. I really do wish you all the best and I've sent you virtual hugs. <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Oh no @ririsss :( I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't a pleasant experience. Not being able to sleep because of a bad hotel is rough for a holiday that's meant to be relaxing/adventurous, so can appreciate that didn't help. But more importantly, it sounds like you had a negative experience with your mum - and I can understand that's particularly difficult when you're stuck together on holiday.

That being said, you made it through, and as @marcellus_beauregard said, I hope that writing it out on here helped to provide an outlet for those emotions and take a weight off your shoulders. How are you feeling now, a few days after the trip? We're here to listen to you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ririsssririsss Posts: 16 Settling in
    @Azziman Little less tired now, since I've managed to catch up on some much needed sleep. :)