Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holiday old ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
I'm goin to iow festival and I get insisted to see someone with views Nd alot of misogyny. He goes on about how gen z ruin countries, Nd tlks sh*t haha. I get triggered. Is tht normal for old ppl
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @ellie2000 Ive never heard of the iow festival before but just googled it and hope u hv a good time! Im hearing that somone u saw is quite misogynistic and has triggered u? Im sorry that this has made u feel this way. How are you feeling about things now? Sometimes people have these sterotypicalviews perhaps due to their own lack of understanding or a past negative experience or even no experience at all just from misconceptions but still it doesnt mean that their opinons cant have a negative efect on others. Its not always necesseraily older people but i know theri is definetly a lot of sterotypes around genz z vs millenials which isnt always helpful. Hope this helps take care ells
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I reckon it's still 'reasonable/normal' to get triggered by things like this, regardless of age @ellie2000 . I think hearing things that cause you pain or distress are always going to be frustrating no matter how old you are. I think some people find it easy to blame the youngest generation of adults at the time, like when we Gen Z were younger, I recall millennials being blamed for half of the world's problems. It's very easy to distance yourself from a problem if you place it firmly in someone else's lap :// either way it's very frustrating and rude tbh. xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @AislingDM @ebyrne556 he also uses the word 'missus' is tht olden day term?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

Missus is another way of saying miss, or of addressing a female/woman/lady. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    @support_squad23 I thought it meant w_ore?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Nah, it doesn't mean that @ellie2000. Please ask away if you have any more questions :)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It certainly doesn't mean that literally @ellie2000 , although, I recognise that there are times where older men can speak 'down to' or 'patronisingly' to younger women/girls by calling them 'young lady, missuses' etc... to emphasise the age difference.

This does not mean people are always being rude when they use this word, in fact 'missuses' can be the opposite - very respectful - the context and tone are very important here, which are tough things to figure out! xx