Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TW - suicidal thoughts

libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
edited June 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
lately i've been having some suicidal thoughts as i feel unwanted, like no one would be sad if i was gone, like im a fucking mistake
i'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of faking.So tired of waking up

ps-im safe
'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'

Comments

• Options
    thx morgyn <3
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey @libbystrawberry sending lots of hugsss! <3 I know i'd defo be sad if u were gone, you've become such a lovely friend to me :) If it makes u feel any better, this time three years ago (so basically when i was ur age) i felt the exact same way but now I feel so excited for what the future holds. Although I obviously still do struggle I've come so far and I know u will too! You're doing really well, I promise.

Why do you feel unwanted if u don't mind me asking? I understand the feeling and idk your situation but I tend to just tell myself 'eh my sister wouldn't care, my friends don't need me either...' etc. But if you think logically to yourself I'm sure you'll realise there are people in your life who would really really miss you if something were to happen. Like I know u have a brother and I'm sure he would care even if it feels like right now you don't mean much to him. I know it's so much easier said than done but try your best to be positive! Sending ltos and lots of hugs <3
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hello @libbystrawberry,

I'm just dropping by to echo what the wonderful @Xee has shared and asked above - you're a really important and valued member of our community, and we care about you deeply.

Is there anything that helps you to cope with these thoughts of suicide when they come up for you, Libby? Has anything helped if you've experienced thoughts like this in the past? I thought it might be worthwhile sharing some details about organisations who you can lean on for some further support if things feel as though they're becoming a little bit too much for you at any moment:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

Take care of yourself, Libby, and we'll speak soon.

All the best,
    Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    @HarryT at the moment the mix but thats about it
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    We are glad to hear you find us supportive @libbystrawberry. Is there anything about The Mix you find particularly helpful? Hopefully, there will be additional spaces which can provide you with similar support. We are here for you and listening to you if we can do anything to help <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    guys im been having a lot more suicidal thoughts lately and idk what to do,
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @libbystrawberry

Thank you for sharing this with us, I appreciate it can be hard to open up about sensitive thoughts and urges like these. We are here with you, to work through this together. I see some links have been shared above regarding suicide resources, how do you feel about looking through these soon?

I'm going to attach some more resources here:
    https://prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/
    https://www.sane.org.uk/how-we-help/emotional-support/saneline-services

May I also ask whether you've been able to share this with anyone else? You deserve to be supported and cared for throughout this difficult time. Having someone by your side can help distract from or manage suicidal thoughts.

Let us know how you get on
  • Options
    i dont have anyone except the mix community @support_squad23
    but thx for the links will check them out
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    @libbystrawberry

How do you feel about reaching out to a trusted adult or professional such as a GP or member of staff? You shouldn't have to face this alone. Talking to someone about suicidal thoughts can feel quite intimidating, but you've done a great job so far. Taking this step can help you to receive the resources you are deserving of.
  • Options
    @support_squad23 a couple days ago i told my head of year and idk if it was me or what ut she was looking at me like what is the bitch going on abt and now i feel like a fool around her,
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    Hey @libbystrawberry, it sounds like you're going through a lot right now and I can see how it must be heavy to be carrying around these thoughts.

I'm sorry that you had this experience when talking to your head of year about how you've been feeling. Did she offer you any support following your conversation with her?

It's tough to hear that you didn't feel heard. Is there any other teachers or a wellbeing team at your school who you would feel more comfortable talking with?

I know you're aware of these already but I just wanted to pop some links to lovely services who would be able to talk to you about any suicidal feelings you've been having, and we'd urge you to reach out to them if you're ever feeling unsafe:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Remember you're not alone Libby, we're here for you <3.
  • Options
    Gemma wrote: »
    Hey @libbystrawberry, it sounds like you're going through a lot right now and I can see how it must be heavy to be carrying around these thoughts.

I'm sorry that you had this experience when talking to your head of year about how you've been feeling. Did she offer you any support following your conversation with her?

It's tough to hear that you didn't feel heard. Is there any other teachers or a wellbeing team at your school who you would feel more comfortable talking with?

I know you're aware of these already but I just wanted to pop some links to lovely services who would be able to talk to you about any suicidal feelings you've been having, and we'd urge you to reach out to them if you're ever feeling unsafe:
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Remember you're not alone Libby, we're here for you <3.

she put me on something called ptp (positive thought process) where u turn negative thoughts into positive ones
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @libbystrawberry

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? How do you feel about starting ptp?

We are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.