Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Saying bye in being polite

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
In lockdown we used to touch elbows with eachother, I sed 'can I elbows u' this eve n i think it got taken out of context. Wat is the appropriate way to say it without getting a odd response?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    omg i forgot that was a thing lol. i think the appropriate way i'd say it was just stick out my elbow and hope they bump theirs against mine and then if they didn't i'd just be embarrassed lol but at least that way i wouldn't have to say anything
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - I understand where you're coming from, I think it might be the wording. To elbow someone is normally meant to shove someone out of the way, which I don't think is what you mean! I think people normally refer to it as "bumping elbows" or an "elbow bump". Or most times, as @Xee says, you just stick out your elbow without announcing it :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.