Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey

hastings1066hastings1066 Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
Hi

My name is Emily, I love spending time swimming, sewing and Reading. I am in year 8 and with a foster family.

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @hastings1066. It is great to see you have joined us. Thanks also for telling us a little about your interests. It is always great to get to know our community members.

Is there anything, in particular, you like sewing and reading? I am currently reading a book called We've got this: Essays by disabled parents - Eliza Hull :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Emily lovely to meet you and welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy being here. How has your weekend been? Oh wow i love reading as well! Have you read anything good recently

Take care and have a lovely day
    Eden :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    edited May 2023
    Hey Emily it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you enjoy your time here on The Mix. Reading is such a lovely hobby to have and so is sewing. I really want to have a go at sewing myself at some point. I wonder what your favourite book is at the moment. I have got too any books on my tbr list at the moment.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi Emily and welcome to the community! Its really nice to meet you!
    I hope you're doing alright. Take care! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey Emily, great to have you on board! Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the forum :)
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @hastings1066, it's lovely to have you here :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Welcome @hastings1066, we're glad to have you join the community. Let us know if we can help you navigating round the boards :)
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @hastings1066 my name is also Emily so snap! And funnily enough I also love swimming and reading, are we twins? ;)
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hi @hastings1066 and welcome. It’s great to have you here
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey @hastings1066 welcome to the mix!! I hope u enjoy it here/find it helpful in some way :) I love swimming and reading too (although I've been so busy I haven't actually done either in a while lol). What sort of things do u like reading?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Iris_MizzyIris_Mizzy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Hey @hastings1066 welcome, if you need help were here to help :)