Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't like holiday

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
Im on an aboard holiday and I dont want to sound ungrateful but i don't like it. My famliy dont want to do anything good like go on jets skis or get a quad bike or a car etc. We just have had food from the shop for our meals. Im just finding it boring like we are supposed to stay for another week, some of family have gone back home but are coming back in a day or 2. I think just everything is a bit unfamiliar like it's a totally diffrent country, it hits in when you get of the plane I think, like it can be a different temperature or weather to the uk and then when you check your phone it's a different time to the UK like im in Greece so the local time is 2 hours ahead also you see the diffrent registrations on the vehcles here. I saw people causually on their phone while driving too so not sure if its legal here. All there is to do here is going on sunbeds, a pool, football or tennis and that's it.

Its all a bit unfamiliar. I was thinking if I could get a plane back home myself but I've not done it before. I've checked flights and it's doable to get one the next day or with in a few days but might be expensive. I just want to know ASAP if it is hard flying alone like going to the right terminal and plane etc? Also getting the suitcase on the belt thing. I'm just worried ill get lost or on the wrong plane or wrong terminal etc but don't want to stay another week, its boring, I think a 2 week holiday is too long especially how boring it is.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2023
    You don't sound ungrateful, Ford. There are a lot of different ways to enjoy a holiday, and it's quite normal for some members of a family to enjoy doing different things to the others. It sounds like they want a pool holiday and you'd find activities more fun, and it can feel quite trapping when you're stuck doing things everyone else wants to do.

In my experience, it's not hard flying alone, as long as you give yourself plenty of time. The first time I flew by myself I consciously gave myself loads of time because I didn't know what to expect. I could do everything at my own pace, figure my way through it, ask for help when I needed to, without the usual pressure of traveling on a tight schedule. Airports tend to be well signposted and there's usually someone you can ask for help, so it's hard to go too wrong. That would be my top tip. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @FordRanger It's understandable that you're feeling bored and unfamiliar with your current holiday experience. Exploring new places and trying different activities can add excitement and make a vacation more enjoyable.

You can consider to share your concerns and suggestions for activities or outings that you'd find more enjoyable. They may be open to exploring different options or finding ways to make the remaining days of your holiday more engaging.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
    edited May 2023
    Hi guys , I managed to get home with a family friend who took me back. I appreciate the responses and advice a lot
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @FordRanger it's totally okay to have different interests with the people you are on holiday with. It depends why you're on the holiday as some people enjoy a sunbed holiday just to have a break from work life, but others want to see all the sights and go on hikes and do water sports etc.

Glad to hear you were able to get home with a family friend, are you feeling better since being back at home?

And I agree with Mike, for future if you fly on your own, if you give yourself plenty of time then it should be okay. The first time flying on your own can seem very daunting because airports are huge and you don't want to miss your flight, but I find there are signs that guide you to the terminals and it is quite straightforward if you are not rushing around last minute.