Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey!

Smiley_moonSmiley_moon Posts: 10 Settling in
Hi I'm new here ☺ been struggling with anxiety for a long time now, want to start to overcome it! Thought I'd join the community and see how it goes!

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey @Smiley_moon welcome to the mix!! Anxiety sucks so much but we're here for you if you wanna talk about anything in more detail :) I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday (I had to check for a sec if it actually is Wednesday lol).
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Hey @Xee thanks for the welcome! Yep it certainly does, just trying new things now and don't what to hold myself back anymore and miss out on so much. Haha don't worry XD I always get my days mixed up, I hope you're having a great day too!
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @Smiley_moon That's really great that you're open to trying new things. I think the first step in 'getting better' is genuinely wanting to and being willing to try :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Yep so true, feel I just had this moment and realised I don't have to stay like this. It's going to be hard, but I'm taking small steps :) Trying to find my way around the site, the community seems a great way for people to open up and just vent their frustrations, which is good :3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Smiley_moon and welcome to the community!
    Yea I know, anxiety isn't great, but its great that you're willing to do something about it! It all about taking small manageable steps. (Wait, I just realised Xee already said this haha)
    Looking forward to seeing you around! If you need any help then we are here :)
    Take care of yourself!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Hi @JJLemon18 thanks for welcoming me!
    Hope you've been having a good day and will see you around soon! :)
  • Options
    @Morgan007 Thank you! :3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @Smiley_moon! I'm Mike, one of the mods you'll see drifting through every now and again. Really glad you found us - anxiety blows.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Hi @Mike thanks for the welcome! And it definitely does haha, the mix community is such a great idea just to allow people to share their experiences :) makes you feel like you're not the only one.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Smiley_moon welcome to the mix! Well done for taking steps to help yourself :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 457 Listening Ear
    Hello @Smiley_moon, I hope you're doing great - welcome to our community! Hope you enjoy it here <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    hey @Smiley_moon welcome to the mix we r glad to have you as part of the community.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @Smiley_moon :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    Hi @Smiley_moon welcome to The Mix, I look forward to seeing you around the boards :).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Thank you all for your lovely messages and the welcome! Been a quite hectic week, so sorry for not replying sooner. :) Anyone taking part in the quiz tomorrow?
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    I think a few people will be going along to the quiz tonight @Smiley_moon. We have @SpaceOtter, @Morgan007 & @Dancer all running rounds which will be great. You can find out more about the quiz over on our post here - https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3602293/community-quiz-wednesday-26th-7-8pm#latest

If you do go along, I hope you have a great time and best of luck! :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Welcome @Smiley_moon . Nice to have more people here!