Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hey peoplee

yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
hey everyone!
I'm Xee, I'm new to this I literally just made my account rn lol so yeah :) I love singing and song writing (and writing in general tbh, not to sound like a show off but I've written a book which I'm really proud of even though I wrote it in year 9 and barely anyone's read it). I'm bi and I've been struggling w my mental health for nearly four years now (which is crazy; time flies). I'm gonna stop rambling now otherwise I'll be here forever lmao.
my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @Xee! Really glad you found us and it's good to know a bit about you. Mad that you've written a book - what's it about?! (if you don't mind me prying)

PS, ramble away if you like. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the forum! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Xee, nice to meet you! I love the idea of writing a song, I would have probably wrote some myself if I had the motivation and the voice to sing them haha. Its impressive that you've wrote a book! I'd be curious to know what it is about.
    Looking forward to seeing you around! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Still tryna figure out how to use this lol, am I meant to tag you when I wanna reply? @JJLemon18 @Mike
    The weird thing is that I (a huge bookworm) am really into romance books (which makes sense because I'm SUCH a hopeless romantic) but I also really hate fantasy books (too wordy which isn't great for someone with such a short attention span). But the book I wrote is a fantasy book lmao so yeah, but it's kinda a concerningly psychologically twisted book now that I think about it. But I guess that makes sense considering I wrote it when I was in the shittiest mental place. But anyways in short it's about a girl who falls in love and ends up murdering the guy (I feel like it sounds kinda dumb but I love it, there's a lot of dark stuff and death and stuff but I feel like it was so fun to write and OMG I CAME UP WITH THE BEST PLOT TWIST EVEN IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF). Ok I'm done, thanks for listening to my ramble lol :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    That sounds like a really fun mixture of both romance and fantasy but also some horror haha. I'm glad you had fun writing it!
    Xee wrote: »
    Still tryna figure out how to use this lol, am I meant to tag you when I wanna reply?
    I said something very similar on my first thread haha. Yes, you're doing it right! Its best to reply with @ so that the person gets a notification and knows you replied to them.
    You could also click Quote under someone's post to do what I did and reply to something specific that was said. Hope this helps
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    That sounds like a really fun mixture of both romance and fantasy but also some horror haha. I'm glad you had fun writing it!
    Xee wrote: »
    Still tryna figure out how to use this lol, am I meant to tag you when I wanna reply?
    I said something very similar on my first thread haha. Yes, you're doing it right! Its best to reply with @ so that the person gets a notification and knows you replied to them.
    You could also click Quote under someone's post to do what I did and reply to something specific that was said. Hope this helps

Ooh ok cool, that makes sense. Thanks! And yeahh I loved writing it, honestly it became a sort of coping mechanism. Or more like a good distraction. But yeah :) I really wanna publish it one day but I'm still editing it and it's taking forever (it's the most boring part because I don't get to make up anything new but also it's so long because half of the shit I wrote made no sense so trying to make the facts line up at this stage is a little difficult). Sorry I'm rambling again lol, it's like once I start typing I can't seem to stop
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Also wanted to say welcome to the mix @Xee
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Welcome to The Mix family @Xee, I hope you enjoy your time on here. Wow that's very fantastic that you wrote a book, I bet its very good. As a writer, this makes me feel very happy :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Xee welcome to the mix its great to have you :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Welcome to The Mix @Xee it's lovely to have you here :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the Mix @Xee glad to have you as part of the community
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @Xee, welcome to our community! It's great to have you, hope you enjoy your time here :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Welcome! It's a safe place :)