Home Root
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Addiction sucks

yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
Really struggling with addiction right now. My self control is a hell of a lot better than it used to be but I still get the urges frequently and I'm really struggling. Any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated x
my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain

Comments

• Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    It’s brave to share your feelings, @Xee . I can understand how difficult it can be to resist the urges to engage in addictive behaviors, and it’s great to hear your self control becomes better. You can try doing some interesting, such as calling a friend, going for a walk, watching a movie, to distract your attention. It’s really helpful when you can focus on something else. You can also celebrate small victories, like every time you resist the urge, and be proud of your progress.

Remember that addiction is a complex issue, and it's not something that can be overcome overnight. It takes time and effort, but it's worth it. Keep working at it, and don't give up. You're stronger than your addiction, and you can overcome it.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Xee it is amazing that you are handling your addiction better now and that you feel more in control. Its perfectly normal to have set backs with it though :)

It may be worth doing things you enjoy to try and keep your mind busy, what kind of things do you enjoy doing?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.