Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bonsoir all!

Hi there, I've been lurking about on these forums for a short while and thought I might as well introduce myself! My name's Elliot, I'm a 19 year old student, care leaver and proud member of LGB(T)(Q)I(A)+. I'm a huge lover of music, metal, punk and other types of rock in particular, but I also happily listen to BTS at the same time haha.
I enjoy writing, reading, and learning especially, about other people, hence why my aspiration is to be psychologist!
At the moment I have a lot going on with a new job, studying for my A-levels, going to uni, dealing with my mental health etc, but I'm slowly getting through it all, and i hope I can try and help others on here from the experiences I've had.

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi @IdiosyncraticTrash welcome to The Mix, I hope you enjoy your time on here. I too am a fan of rock music and I also like writing as well :) . I look forward to seeing you around on the forums :) . I hear that you are currently doing your A levels at the moment. I wish you all the best for them. I'm currently in my second year of college studying creative media.

Sending hugs,

Amy22
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @IdiosyncraticTrash

Welcome to The Mix community, :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hello @IdiosyncraticTrash and welcome - hope to see you around on here more in the future

Sending hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @IdiosyncraticTrash. It’s great to have you here :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Welcome @IdiosyncraticTrash its great to have you here! Cant wait to get to know you better!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hello and welcome! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hey @IdiosyncraticTrash, welcome to our community! Hope you enjoy your time here <3

Love your Giyu profile pic, and it's great to meet a fellow ARMY too! :smile:

As someone who's doing psychology in uni right now, I'm wishing you the best of luck with your studies and your dream of becoming a psychologist!
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    Hey theree, I'm also proud member of LGBTQ+ and a HUGE music lover lol, I like pretty much the same genres. But honestly I love everything, one second I'll be listening to girl in red and conan grey and the next second I'll be listening to underrated punk rock bands that most people have never even heard of lmao. What artists do u like? Sorry I'm literally rambling so much lol but I also wanna be a psychologist! Or maybe not a psychologist but defo something to do with psychology! I think after going through some crap stuff, helping others who may be feeling equally as awful or maybe even worse would be amazing. Like honestly if i could help someone in the way my therapist has helped me over the past few years it'd be amazing :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain