Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge #6

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat
imcaz5w7x3ci.jpg

Hey folks

So we thought it would be a cool idea to bring the weekly challenges back. :heart:

For this weekly challenge it's all about self-care, you can share what you like to do for self-care in this thread. Can't wait to read all your replies.

Happy posting :smile:

Also don't forget to vote for the next weekly challenge :smile:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #6 7 votes

Random acts of kindness challenge
57% 4 votes
Social media detox challenge
42% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    I love this thread and I really like the challenge being self care as it is very important to look after yourself as well as others <3.

For me one of the things I do to practice self care is crochet and knitting. I find crochet helps with my anxiety as I have to focus on a particular pattern. It can feel rewarding at times too. Also, I tend to listen to music and I read sometimes.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
    Me too, it's great to have the weekly challenges back and self-care is really important!

I love that you do crochet and knitting @Amy22. It sounds very relaxing!

I like to do some drawing and reading, I find it really calming. Listening to music and podcasts is something I love to do as well :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    My self-care is very simple, having a shower so my body and mind feel clean and get a bit of space totally alone. Then cosying up in bed and reading Twilight for the millionth time. Sometimes even knowing I have that planned for my evening is able to calm me down so I do not become overly-panicked during the day <3 I quite like short-term planning to alleviate anxiety, I wonder if others feel this way? xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    @AislingDM I too often find planning or writing in my college journal helpful, as it feels nice to be organised. I also agree that having a plan is helpful especially for the week ahead. Sometimes if I have lots to do I will create a to do list which breaks down each task that I need to do. Speaking of my journals I actually need to update them at some point :) .
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Couldn't agree more, sometimes getting your thoughts out on paper does actually give you the chance to separate yourself from them a little bit, to take a step back and gain some perspective. Of course, it's not always this easy, but this is why I would encourage people to use a journal to write whatever comes to their mind, even if it isn't altogether that coherent!!

I especially love your idea of breaking things down @Amy22 , then tasks suddenly become that bit less daunting, and you can actually begin to tackle them, right? <3