Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Film/TV Thread

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
Hi :) I thought it would nice to have a section or thread on tv and film, so anyone can talk about about their favourite TV shows or films at the moment. For me atm it got to be the Ghostbusters Afterlife film which is pretty good to watch :). For TV I'm no too sure as I don't watch too much tv at the moment. I tried watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus but I wasn't into it too much, (I might try again tomorrow) :) .

I wonder what everyone else's favourite tv or films are?. :smile:
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,086 Wise Owl
    Sounds like a good film - but can't say I've seen it so to the list of things I need to watch it goes :)

My all time favourite film has to be the Mamma Mia films - i think they just provide some form of escapism for me and I do love a bit of ABBA every now and then.

I don't watch much TV recently but the other month I finished watching the Office (US) which was good

Hope you're all well
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    @sinead276 Aw I love Mamma Mia especially the sequel with Cher in it :lol: (Fernadooooo). Abba is such a cool band, me and my mum love them so much :). Ooh the Office US sounds good to watch, I've heard of it but I never properly watched it. I might give it a try. I have seen some clips of it on Youtube especially the fire alarm episode (That was soo funny and hilarious to watch :lol:)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Love this, especially because we can go in-depth about how programmes made us feel. Often people will choose a tv show based on how people recommend it to them and about how it affected the viewer's emotions. Great idea <3

For me, one of my top funniest and most emotional shows is The Good Place. I can't explain the range of emotions I went through with these characters, they are all very relatable in their own ways and their flaws only make them more loveable and makes you reflect on your own character.

One thing I will say, is have your tissues at hand for the final few episodes as they are emotionally overwhelming <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @AislingDM thank you so much. I thought the thread would be great to talk about tv ideas or even reccomend programmes and films to others. Ooh I've heard of that show, it will have to be put onto my list of things to watch at some point :). I love it when your able to relate to others characters and storylines.
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    I’m so excited for the House of Dragon, the plot, the characters and the set / dressing all look amazing. Have high hopes with the content material being complete 🤞

Also the Wednesday Addams series trailer dropped yesterday (a Wednesday 😉) https://youtu.be/Di310WS8zLk

It looks so good, the casting is on point! The trailer is perfect too, as it doesn’t give everything away, but enough to establish the premise and tone.
  • Options
    @fiona333 I just watched the trailer for Wednesday Addams and it looks brilliant. It reminds of the the original Adams family films from the 1990's, which are my favourite films :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Amy22 me too! Wednesday is just iconic! christina ricci is gonna have feature too, people are saying maybe as a teacher 🤗
  • Options
    @fiona333 This show is the reason I want Netflix so bad and to watch The Sandman :(
  • Options
    But netflix is sooo expensive atm like Disney+
  • Options
    Anyone watching any good shows or films at the moment?.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Love this thread :heart:

I've been watching Stranger Things which I love :heart::smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Stephanie I hear so many good things about Stranger Things atm I've been tempted to watch it. If only I had netflix :lol::bawling:. What season are you on at the moment?. :)
  • Options
    update: absolutely loving house of the dragon, it’s so incredible, I’m excited to see where the show will go in the next few episodes.

Excited for the one Chicago series to return as well, especially with the cliffhanger on Fire, the final on PD and some of the recent off screen drama 🫣

Been rewatching episodes of Gogglebox recently, Steph and Dom are just iconic and will always be my favs 😂
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    fiona333 wrote: »
    Been rewatching episodes of Gogglebox recently, Steph and Dom are just iconic and will always be my favs 😂

Oh my gosh, yeah Gogglebox is epic! The earlier series were definitely better. =) Silent Jay was and is also a legend, but Steph and Dom were hysterical. :lol: Hasn't been the same since most of the original families have left the show.