Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favourite Horrible Histories Songs?

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
Hello team,

In honour of @spoon finding the hidden Horrible Histories autolink which had been planted in chat by @Emma_ over three months ago (if you've not got a clue what I'm on about, see here), I thought it would be fun to create a thread where people could share their favourite Horrible Histories songs or moments.

What's yours?
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    Tbh all the horrible history songs are great but for me, nothing can beat the Charles the Second song.

Look forward to seeing other people's favourites and seeing if there is any I've forgotten about that I'm reminded of in the thread
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 468 Listening Ear
    I absolutely love this thread! I really like all of the Horrible Histories songs haha, but my favourites for me definitely have to be Charles II's song, George IV's song and Born 2 Rule XD
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    edited September 2022
    I love this thread too speaking of which I'm studying Horrible Histories as part of my media course project. I do like the Monach sing though as it's funny or Charles II cuz it's so funny <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    sinead276 wrote: »
    Tbh all the horrible history songs are great but for me, nothing can beat the Charles the Second song.

Look forward to seeing other people's favourites and seeing if there is any I've forgotten about that I'm reminded of in the thread

My name is, my name is, my name is, Charles the Second (just joking - it's actually Harry).

Born 2 Rule is another absolute classic!

How about the non-monarch related tunes? Dick Turpin the Highway Man is one of my personal favourites...
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    I had forgotten about the Dick Turpin song but I have to agree it is up there as one of the best :3
  • Options
    Nat18Nat18 Posts: 115 The Mix Convert
    harry love the thread. i love the charles song a lotttt
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Lool I love this thread, and obviously I am obsessed with the Georges' songs, especially George the 4th xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Woah I'm mentioned! I really can't choose. The theme song gets stuck in my head a lot. I think Mary the 1st is underrated, gotta love Kate Bush vibes! Love them all tho
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    edited September 2022
    Omg @Spoon I totally forgot that the Mary the 1st song was a parody reference to Kate Bush's Withering Heights music video lol :lol: . I loved that song so much!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Oh gosh, there are loads that were really awesome! I loved the Victorian Work song, that was great, and was informative as well. Divorced, Beheaded, Died helped me remember the order of Henry VIII's Wifes. Boudicca's song and The Tutors song was funny as well "at least we aren't rude as Simon Cowell" omg haha! :lol:

Can't forget Bob Hale with the Roman Report breaking out into the Macarena! :joy:

4a1un97jhlok.png