Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Down

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
I've been just worried about my future so much and it puts me down. I lose sleep, and everything. I sometimes am not in the mood for stuff so i have mood swings about issues ive had in the past. I have been proper down sometimes

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

It's understandable that when the future is uncertain, you will worry and feel down about it. I'm not sure whether this will help, but what helped me when I was feeling lost was to sit down and think about the options available to me e.g. volunteering, distance learning, apprenticeships and then start to think about what I want to do with my life and how to go about doing it. You might want to talk to careers advisors, friends and family to see if they might offer support or know someone who can help you.

By taking small steps we can feel more in control of our future making it less scary. But it can also help to focus on the here and now as well. Things don't change overnight and might take a while so perhaps you can use the time you have now to do things that you enjoy and want to do. If you aren't in the mood, it might still help to do things anyway which can improve your mood a bit.

Sleeping can be tricky, especially when your mind is consumed by worries. You might want to try writing your thoughts down or talking to someone before you go to bed so that you hopefully aren't losing sleep over things anymore. You can also try to tell yourself that you need to sleep and to ignore any thoughts you may have and tell yourself that you'll think about things in the morning instead.

It is difficult when you feel lost in life and it makes sense that this would bring you down a lot. But keep looking for things to do and reaching out to others. It may take time but I believe things can get better <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.