Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Things Don't Seem To Be Getting Any Better

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
I've been feeling worried about my future and feeling a bit down about it. I was even thinking of suicide only as a last resort so nothing to worry about at, it's just I feel like I might feel thar way if my future doesn't work out like I end up in a job I don't like. I just don’t know what I want to do . Atm things don't seem to be going well because I'm just at home, I got kicked out of my motorvehcle course after only days and the foundation course I finished in the summer didn't work out. Also on top of this I've had famliy problems. I feel like its just one thing after another.

Comments

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hey @FordRanger, thank you for being brave to reach out. I'm really sorry to hear that you feel like things won't get any better. Since we don't know what will happen to us in the future, it can be extremely terrifying. It's hard to stop worrying about it after considering the situation that you're currently in. I'm really sorry that you got kicked out of your motor vehicle course and that your foundation course didn't work out. I can understand how these events must have had a massive impact on your worries about the future.

It may help to do some mindfulness meditation as it really focuses on the present moment. I personally stayed in the past, and worried about the future a lot before I started meditating. But now, even though it doesn't completely wash away my worries, I've been more in touch with what's happening at the moment after meditation, so I hope that this can help you. Daily Calm and Headspace are YouTube channels that I recommend. As well as this, it could help to do some self-care activities such as reading a book or going out for a walk. This could be a great breather from all the thoughts you've been having. :smile:

Since you've mentioned that you've had some family problems, if you're comfortable, would you like to tell us more about this? Or if you have a trusted friend, you could tell them about how you're feeling as well. Your family problems may have an impact on the feelings that you currently have about the future, and you may feel a bit better after writing/talking about it. We're here to listen to you :smile:

Services such as The Mix and Samaritans are also there for you whenever you're experiencing suicidal thoughts. It may help to talk to them about what's been happening. Careers advisors may also help you find the right pathway for you. Please remember that you're not alone in finding a job/career pathway that suits you, and feeling worried about your future.

Please take as much time as you need to think about what you want to do, as well as what suits you. It may not seem like you're going anywhere at the moment, but with a lot of contemplation and perseverance, I'm sure that you're future will be okay.

I hope this helps and that everything gets better, please don't give up <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

It's understandable that not doing much, having been kicked out off the course and worrying about your future, is getting you down, even to the point of thinking about suicide if things don't work out. I agree with @kaii that The Mix and Samaritans are there for you, especially if you feel suicidal. But I also wanted to say that even if things don't work out e.g. you do a course or get a job that you end up not liking, it doesn't have to be permanent. You can always change courses or quit jobs and find something else. It doesn't have to feel like the end of the world- it can feel empowering to know that you can find something more suitable for you. It's also worth keeping in mind that even in jobs that we aren't that fond of, we can still make good friendships with others in the workplace, which can help boost our mood a bit.

It's a shame the motor vehicle course didn't work out for you. Have you thought about doing an apprenticeship instead? These can be good ways of earning while learning. You might want to search the UK government's website to see types of apprenticeships and what's available in your area: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

Hope this helps a bit!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.