Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

money

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,031 Community Veteran
edited November 2022 in General Chat
can i still use wat the currency now, does the queen turn into a king on the notes n coins soon or will it stay the same?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000,

We know how unsettling change can be, and that there are lots of questions like this that people will have since the passing of the Queen. How are you feeling about the potential changes that could happen? We'll be here if you'd like to talk anything through.

You might find this website, which offers a little bit of information about currency following the passing of the Queen, helpful: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/museum/noteworthy-women/the-queen-on-bank-of-england-notes.

On this website, the Bank of England have announced that:
    Current banknotes featuring the image of Her Majesty The Queen will continue to be legal tender. A further announcement regarding existing Bank of England banknotes will be made once the period of mourning has been observed.

I hope that this is helpful for you. If you want to talk any further about the passing of the Queen and some of the ways that this might impact our lives then know that we're here for you. <3

Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,031 Community Veteran
    i just exist i dont follow royals or politics
    Crazy mad insane