Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My messy miserable life...

Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
Hey, so its been a while.
Life sucks and is pretty painfully full on.
Trying to sell the house therefore dealing with strangers walking about the house... doesn't feel like home anymore!
Dad is being a bit of pain tbh. He gets upset so often it's unreal. Sure I try my best to help and listen but he doesn't listen to my advice so we're going around in circles there!! Thankfully he talks to my brother a but more but once my brother told me he is on my dads side... so I feel I've somehow created "sides" amongst this family and divorce without any intention. I don't know it's true from dad's perspective but I don't want to ask incase he gets all soppy and weepy.
I sound mean towards him, but I have lost my patience now.
Easily irritated by the small things. People not listening. Being asked to do something I don't want to but can't say no. I don't think many of us can confidently say that they are able to say 'No' to something they don't want to 😳
Thankfully I do have counselling every week and have 2 days where I volunteer so my life is completely empty. Of course this week the place is closed 😒 I try my best to use yoga, Interval training and going for walks to help pass the time but there is only so much you can do a day. Podcasts can help, but my focus to read doesn't work well at all!
I have reached out to talk to my cousin up in Scotland but she has recently had a baby so I'm trying to let her figure that out so I occasionally message but not as much as I used to.

Basically life is waaaaay to much. There's almost zero personal space. 4 of us under the same roof. Getting all on each others nerves. I've got to survive another week till counselling again. Just thankful my volunteering is open again next week. Right now, I don't even know what to think😢

Well done if you read all this. It's pretty boring and miserable ramble of my current living situation.
Huge thank you if you did! x

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Hi @Millicento_ I don't think your post was miserable or boring. In fact I'm glad that you reached out on here and posted about how you were feeling. From what I read, it sounds like you are going through a lot in your family at the moment. It sounds like you are trying to piece your family back together whilst dealing with a lot of things.

I hear that you are selling the house so there are lots of people who seem unfamiliar. It can be strange when people who seem unfamiliar to you are looking at your home. Moving or selling a house can be a very big thing and create lots of emotions. I hear that you are also helping your dad a lot lately and that I also hear that you are dealing with a divorce in the family. Things like these can make you feel overwhelmed and tired especially if you are looking out for someone a lot as well as being there for them. It sounds like you haven't had much time for yourself at the moment and that you have been helping others in your family.

I hear that you feel like you don't want to do certain things people ask you but you still feel obliged to. It sounds tiring at times. I know this might sound harsh but sometimes you can't always be there for other people as you got to have time for yourself too. Sometimes taking a break can help to reset our brains so we can feel more refreshed.

I understand that you go to counselling a lot and that it helps to talk about the current situation that you are in. I also hear that the place you volunteer at was closed this week so you have been trying to find other things to do. I hear that you like yoga, and listening to podcasts sometimes. Podcasts can be a good way of relaxing and can be a form of escapism I find sometimes. I don't know if this helpful, but have you tried Headspace on Youtube?. Whenever I feel stressed and life gets in the way, I try to use Headspace and I find it helps. Headspace offer things like 5 to 10 minute meditation sessions as well as advice on lots of topics.

From everything I have read, it sounds like you have been feeling overwhelmed with life. It sounds like you have been dealing with stress as well. I hope you are feeling okay,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Amy22.
    Thank you for reading all that.
    Yeah, escapism is a tough one around here. I have heard of headspace, it's been a while since I tried it so I might give it another go.
    Finding a comfortable time is one of the challenges unfortunately.

I'm holding on right now.

I heard moving house is proved to be one of the most stressful experiences statistically. Just add on being the middle of everyone in our family trying my hardest to support everyone is one tough time.

Thanks again 🙂
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Millicento_

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing?

We are here for you :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.