Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Video Games or Nostalgic games 🎮🕹

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
Hi :) I thought it would be cool if we wrote down some of our favourite video games that we like to play or it could be even nostalgic games from years ago we used to play. Feel free to comment down below your favourite video games to play :).

For me its got to be the Papas Cooking games by Flipline Studios as they gave me so much joy. (I used like to messing people's orders up :D ). Another would probably be the Cool Maths Games website as I had so much fun on there :).
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    Hey @Amy22, this is a really cool idea for a thread! I really love playing video games too :smile:

Yess Papa's Cooking games are so fun haha! I found it satisfying doing the orders ^^ and I agree, I like playing fun maths games - makes math more enjoyable XD playing Fireboy and Watergirl gives me so much nostalgia, same with playing Super Mario Bros on my wii as well ^^ now I can't find that game anymore :bawling:

I consider Genshin Impact to be one of my favourite games! I really like exploring and immersing myself in the story - the lore is so interesting and well written! I also really like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations, I found the night levels in Sonic Unleashed really cool, I definitely need to play both games again this summer ^^
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Also love games! So many good memories from Cool Math Games and Fireboy and Watergirl (on Miniclip!). I've played so many over the years, but the one that I've been thinking of lately is Runescape - put so many hours into that game, and tempted to go back to it some day soon. Haven't played as many games lately, but friends are very keen to get me into Pokemon Unite (again) and Genshin!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    @Azziman and @Kaii, I remember fireboy and water girl especially when you get to play with a friend :). I have just started playing run on Cool Maths Games and I find it super fun to play (It gives me so many nostalgic vibes). Sonic is the best too, I got Sonic Colours Ulimited on my switch and that has been really fun to play. Though my favourite has to be Wii sports because of the bowling 🤣 ( I would press the B button and the ball would go into the crowd lol)
    Omg yess I’ve always wanted to play Sonic Colours Unlimited! How is it?

And yess Wii Sports is so fun, it brings back a lot of good memories :smile: the bowling game is also one of my favourites, I also liked the sword fighting games XD

Also I have no idea how I mistakenly read the Cool Maths Games website as educational maths games in those game websites in school :bawling: Cool Maths Games was so much fun too :smile:
    edited July 2022
    @Kaii, I've only played a little bit of Sonic Colours Unlimited, I really like the graphics and the story is okay. Plus it got Tails in it which makes me happy :)

Wii Sports is soo good, I think the boxing, bowling and tennis were my favourite games to play. I want to get the new game for the switch but I don't think it might be as good as the original Wii Sports tbh :D
    @Amy22 wow that's awesome, I hope to play it at some point! When I have enough free time :bawling:

Yes I agreee the new game seems really cool but I don't think it can beat the original either, it's just not the same :smile: bowling and tennis were so fun to play hahah it gives me so much nostalgia
  • OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    edited July 2022
    the call of duties from when they used to be really good, like CoD4 and MW2 and WaW and BO and BO2 are very nostalgic for me!! wasting so much time on multiplayer or zombies instead of doing homework, oops x

Halo is also very nostalgic, and on the master chief collection they still hold up really well for their age too! Reach and Halo 2 had the best stories, but for some reason Halo 3 is the most nostalgic, it felt like the end of an era at the time

we had a sega megadrive but im not old enough to remember the games we had on it!!

edit: I FORGOT LEGO STAR WARS ON THE PS2
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,075 Boards Champion
    Animal crossingg! Or lego gamess!
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm a big fan of Sonic games too ever since I grew up with them on the Mega Drive, they were the first games I ever played! I'm really really looking forward to Sonic Frontiers when it comes out later this year. :grin:
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Omg, love this thread, I was obsessed with all PS2 games because that was my first introduction to a games console. Especially, my siblings and I continue to play Barnyard, Simpsons Hit and Run and Madagascar. =)
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Azziman and @Kaii, I remember fireboy and water girl especially when you get to play with a friend :). I have just started playing run on Cool Maths Games and I find it super fun to play (It gives me so many nostalgic vibes). Sonic is the best too, I got Sonic Colours Ulimited on my switch and that has been really fun to play. Though my favourite has to be Wii sports because of the bowling 🤣 ( I would press the B button and the ball would go into the crowd lol)

Let's be honest, if you've played Wii Bowling and haven't thrown it backwards, have you really played it? :D

@Owl Loved a bit of the older CoDs, especially the two BO (first for Zombies, second otherwise!). Also Lego Star Wars was GOATed B)

@AislingDM Yes!! Simpsons Hit & Run was amazing!! There's a guy on YT that's actually trying to rebuild the whole game from scratch, which has been really interesting to watch. The nostalgia hits hard!
    I gotta say the Lego Batman game and the Simpsons game on ds was awesome back in the day. I loved playing as Posion Ivy on the game and it was cool!.
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    I love Wii Sports, especially the boxing game, that was always so stress relieving and fun; occasionally challenging when you get a more skilled Mii. *Insert Mii Matt joke here* The bowling game was good too, always found it really funny when you mistakenly throw the ball backwards, and everyone watching cheers!! :joy:

Occasionally I would get to play Simpsons Hit and Run round a friends house, if they had PS2. oh man, that was a laugh, and it was awesome exploring Springfield as well. :smiley: Wasn't very good at the missions, but it was fun to get the hidden coins and cards. Also, totally hysterical to get Homer Simpson driving a car in his underpants! :lol:

Can't forget all the online Flash Player games either, they were really good most of the time, especially the LEGO Technic Dirt Crusher one where you control a LEGO car doing various tricks. The rooftop one was my favourite, it felt so bad-ass to younger me. B)
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Omg so cool, what is the person's YT channel name? @Azziman xx
    I dont know why lately but I've been really into replaying some of my old Nintendo ds games on my 3ds. I been replaying the Lego Batman game and it brings back so much nostalgia. Its been my boredom buster for the summer 🤣🤣
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    How far back we going here? :D Feel like I could take over this thread aha

There's one game I can't get out of my head because they've never remastered or done any backwards compatibility for it, and I don't think it was super popular. But there was an amazing Godfather game on the original xbox that had GTA-esque gameplay within The Godfather's setting and story. I miss that game a lot and wish I could play it again.

Another bunch on my mind are some of the old tomb raider games, because I've been playing through some of the newer ones. I remember anniversary, legend and underworld had side content where you could explore and do a bunch of puzzles in Croft Manor. Exploring Croft Manor was the best part about those games and basically all I ever did, and I'm always disappointed that there's nothing similar in the newer games.
    @Supernova The Lara Croft games look so interesting to play. I have been tempted to play them. I mostly play switch of 3ds games, sometimes wii. My favourite game atm has been Thd Ghostbusters Remastered edition for the switch, the graphic are brilliant and the storyline is perfect.
    Yeah they're fun! @Amy22 If you wanted to try them, the newest 3 would be a good place to start.

Only games I really play on my switch are pokemon games whenever they come out, always find them quite relaxing. Don't think I've even seen any of the ghostbusters game, I'll have to have a look!
    @Supernova Ooo ill definitely have to try them. Fingers crossed they bring them out onto the switch. Oo I've been tempted to play Pokemon, but never got into it unfortunately. The ghostbusters game is good in terms of storyline. The only other games i play are Animal Crossing which I like but can be stressful as I wanna have a nice island lol 😂.
    You should try Stardew Valley @Amy22
    @Supernova I've been tempted to play Stardew Valley, it looks cool and similar to ACNH. I have to see if it is on the switch :) .
    Omg so cool, what is the person's YT channel name? @Azziman xx

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReubenWardTutorials

Has been a great watch so far, and a trip down memory lane :)
    @Supernova big Pokemon fan here! Which was your favourite? Currently playing through a modded version of Emerald where everything is way more difficult. Replaying the old games is always good fun :)
    First I played was yellow, when my cousin gave me his non-colour gameboy, but I was a bit too young to properly enjoy it. So my favourite is probably either leaf green or DPP. Gen IV is probably my favourite over all but I'll be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the recent remakes. :(
    Lately, I been into playing this game on the Adult Swim website called Dabbing Dad I think. You play as like a dad who has to dab and break things. Its gets so fast and funny :lol: Its been my literal boredom buster for the week.
  • HuntressHuntress Posts: 2 Newbie
    That is precisely what I came to say. There are some games that I actually prefer, especially now that they're all so much more advanced. But I still return to BF2 on a regular basis. It's just a lot of fun, and I put a lot of effort into it. I have so many fond memories of playing that game. You're also correct.
    Huntress wrote: »
    That is precisely what I came to say. There are some games that I actually prefer, especially now that they're all so much more advanced. But I still return to BF2 on a regular basis. It's just a lot of fun, and I put a lot of effort into it. I have so many fond memories of playing that game. You're also correct.

Oo, BF2 sounds like a brilliant game to play, I'll have to check that one out :). I just recently got back into playing Animal Crossing again. I coulden't how much weeding I had to do on my island the other day :lol:.