Home› General Chat› Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? đź’•

Comments

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Going to my first face to face interview on my own
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    I have made new friends, which I find difficult
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I submitted my dissertation!!!!! I'm sure there are still some mistakes in it, but I'm so proud of myself for completing it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    This is Meredith …. I brought Meredith yesterday as a present to myself to finishing all the teaching content at uni for the first year.

ppywebea3rbd.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Tidying my room
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Lovely little card from a patient on the ward I looked after 🥹
    u9842gosd4ac.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I have a show today which will be fun but I also feel quite anxious.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Not today specifically, but I didn't quite know where to post this.

Recently I wanted to put my experience to good use and try to help some people. So I applied to volunteer for a helpline (some of you know which one, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say here).

So I applied. Never thought I'd get accepted let alone complete and pass training first time!!!!

I've done a few shifts now and it's amazing to be there to help people in their time of need, I really do know how lonely that time of crisis is, so just to be there for those people is amazing. It's so rewarding.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Dancer wrote: »

Hope it went well @Dancer and those anxious feelings didn't hang around too long :3

@independent_ Well done on passing your training and being accepted as a volunteer, such a powerful thing to be able to help others in that way :+1:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Ed_ wrote: »

Hope it went well @Dancer and those anxious feelings didn't hang around too long :3

Thank you. Yeah it went really well and it was definitely something that touched many people. <3 I sort of became famous afterwards haha. Even today, my mum went out somewhere with a friend and someone came over to her and asked if she was my mum and said that she loved the show and that I was really sweet.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    That sounds really positive @Dancer. It would seem you are aware it is really positive too.

Well done you! We are all really proud of you too :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I finally rang my gp and asked for a blood test and had my blood tests done. I’ve been setting my alarm for weeks now and ignoring it cause ironically too tired for it. Finally done it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    i got the whole elden ring map yesterday :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    I get to go to work today!! I know that doesn't sound super great or important. But I value consistency and do to verying mental health issues I wasn't able to. But I'm so excited to see some of my coworkers again^^
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
    A week or so ago I wrote this on the suggestion board that was created in our newly made quiet room in the library and well it got listened to … it may be small but it’s a start to making more neurodivergent friendly spaces at my uni

dqexcjv4rn61.jpeg
    h60o18c86gtg.jpeg
  • TitchTitch Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    I managed to shower and put make-up on today. I went into town for a memorial get together for somebody I used to work with who sadly passed, it was at a coffee shop. I have really bad social anxiety and I felt hugely out of my comfort zone because I only knew one person there, but I'm proud of myself for not letting that anxiety win and still going there.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,910 Community Veteran
    I dont know but I'm making sure to relax and chill I guess
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    My crocheting!
    I recently started taking up adult colouring again and I am telling myself that I don't need to be a perfectionist when it comes to doing it. Also, I am getting back into crochet after taking a break.
    Started my claim with PIP
    I went on a train and went outside
    Finished my PIP claim. Well yesterday
    edited March 2023
    I haven't had Costa for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I used to get it at least 3 or 4 times a week.
    I haven't had Costa for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I used to get it at least 3 or 4 times a week.

I broke that streak today. But it was a birthday treat so I have no regrets.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Happy belated birthday @Dancer! Hope you had the best birthday and enjoyed Costa :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 780 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy late birthday @Dancer hope you had an amazing day and ate loads of yummy food
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Ran my first half marathon today 🙌🏻
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    I think for me I have been relaxing a bit ish