Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A thread to make fun of our younger selves!

spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
edited June 2022 in General Chat
This includes things like artwork, pictures, poetry, stories, lyrics, journal entries and more that we might've done when we were younger. Stuff that we did that makes us cringe, because come on, we all do and it's good entertainment. Please know this isn't a thread to make us feel bad about out past but a light-hearted one, one that we can bond over. Reminisce on little phases we may have been through. And also a reminder of how far we come, how much better we are, how much we matured. This is a thread where we can laugh with, not laugh at. Only share stuff if you're comfortable, because I understand some people may consider the things above private and personal.

Because a lot of us went through an "edgy phase" or may have genuinely felt bad, please put a spoiler tag and a trigger warning if anything you post might be a bit too deep, it is meant to be a light-hearted thread so be careful with what you post.

Will be posting some of my stuff tomorrow, or the day after ^__^
Whats a signatureeeww

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    edited June 2022
    Examples I found that works for this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/comments/s66zkc/the_average_adult_will_tell_you_its_impossible_to/ Genuinely great for an 11 year old!

https://www.reddit.com/r/blunderyears/

again, will be posting stuff some writing i did at 13 tomorrow, currently on my laptop lol
    Whats a signatureeeww
    edited June 2022
    Nooo I found thiss, why am I sharing thisss aaaa. I think i was pretty inspired by jacqueline wilson back then, also it was based on a dream but funnily enough, I wasn’t angry of feeling bad either. I just wanted to make it dramatic lol. Even younger me didn’t cry either, in fact, I was wearing my school uniform 😭

srykxg0viw5f.jpg
    uvgc3z0knsr1.jpgzzvggvtvzn10.jpg

Whats a signatureeeww
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    haha I absolutely love this thread idea, it's such a wholesome way of considering how we've changed as we've grown up! Like I used to always be so embarassed about the journals I used to keep in my early teenage years but now I can see that they were actually a really cool space for me to be able to vent in a way that I couldn't anywhere else. being able to write the raw reality of your emotions is pretty cool, even if I'm giggling at myself now ten years later =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    hi spoon
    your story isnt acctually that bad i like the way its written but yeah totally will share stuff i find soon im on my laptop so i cant send pics on here <3
    You are loved and you are amazing
    Kesh260807 wrote: »
    hi spoon
    your story isnt acctually that bad i like the way its written but yeah totally will share stuff i find soon im on my laptop so i cant send pics on here <3

Haha thanks! Could be worse for a 13 year old lol. Def have worse stuff then this aaa

Whats a signatureeeww
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    I really love this thread @spoon thank you so much! <3 I actually really love the story you wrote, it was a cool concept XD

I have too much to share about all the cringey yet funny stuff I've done when I was younger hahah.

When I was younger, (idk how old I was but I'm pretty sure I was in primary school) I'd always draw and write stories about stuff that I saw from movies/tv shows because I thought it was fun.

So I used to watch an anime called Tokyo Mew Mew (called Mew Mew Power in English) and found out that the anime was based on the Tokyo Mew Mew manga (comics/graphic novels). Because of this, I wanted to make Tokyo Mew Mew manga with the same characters, but with my own storyline.

The front covers looked like this:

dk580e9xrs4f.jpg

I'm literally cringing about how terrible my drawings were aaksjkdhdh

And here's two pages of a storyline from the pink book (if you wanna read, read it from left to right since that's the style of Japanese manga):

b0auql6g7vd6.jpg

Just... what is this?? I can't believe I thought I drew the girl on the bottom right pointing well - I can't believe I was proud of it :joy:

There's more.

Do you know the movie called Tinker Bell and the great fairy rescue? XD well, there was a character who made a book about different types of fairies and I wanted to do it too (idk why, I guess it was fun lol)

lp26ob8mtble.jpg

uvaqy5blyczt.jpg

These drawings are kinda cute ngl XD

It doesn't stop there.

You know the movie Despicable Me? Well, I wrote so many stories inspired from that scene where Gru reads out the three little kittens story to the three children XD since there were three kittens, and I have two sisters, I thought that I should write life stories or random stuff about us - as kittens! (I find this to be the weirdest idea out of the rest of the other stories I've done. I still have no idea why I did this - and why I wrote so many hahah)

33kbvxu4ljpb.jpg

Idk how I came up with the colour changing kittens book - that's just so random XD

f3ciz3k7xugp.jpg

BAHHAHAH what is thisss?? Not me making up the fact that kittens can change colours just by looking at a colourful shooting star :joy:

I can promise you that I'm a much better artist now hahah. Even though I don't write as much nowadays, I did creative writing in secondary school and even won a writing competition once. I'd like to get back into writing again ^^

Honestly, after reminiscing, I just want to see the world through a child's eyes again. I really miss those times. But if it weren't for these things I've done, I wouldn't be someone who loves to draw and write, so I'm very grateful for me having a wild imagination and being so random as a kid <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
    kaii wrote: »
    I really love this thread @spoon thank you so much! <3 I actually really love the story you wrote, it was a cool concept XD

I have too much to share about all the cringey yet funny stuff I've done when I was younger hahah.

When I was younger, (idk how old I was but I'm pretty sure I was in primary school) I'd always draw and write stories about stuff that I saw from movies/tv shows because I thought it was fun.

So I used to watch an anime called Tokyo Mew Mew (called Mew Mew Power in English) and found out that the anime was based on the Tokyo Mew Mew manga (comics/graphic novels). Because of this, I wanted to make Tokyo Mew Mew manga with the same characters, but with my own storyline.

The front covers looked like this:

dk580e9xrs4f.jpg

I'm literally cringing about how terrible my drawings were aaksjkdhdh

And here's two pages of a storyline from the pink book (if you wanna read, read it from left to right since that's the style of Japanese manga):

b0auql6g7vd6.jpg

Just... what is this?? I can't believe I thought I drew the girl on the bottom right pointing well - I can't believe I was proud of it :joy:

There's more.

Do you know the movie called Tinker Bell and the great fairy rescue? XD well, there was a character who made a book about different types of fairies and I wanted to do it too (idk why, I guess it was fun lol)

lp26ob8mtble.jpg

uvaqy5blyczt.jpg

These drawings are kinda cute ngl XD

It doesn't stop there.

You know the movie Despicable Me? Well, I wrote so many stories inspired from that scene where Gru reads out the three little kittens story to the three children XD since there were three kittens, and I have two sisters, I thought that I should write life stories or random stuff about us - as kittens! (I find this to be the weirdest idea out of the rest of the other stories I've done. I still have no idea why I did this - and why I wrote so many hahah)

33kbvxu4ljpb.jpg

Idk how I came up with the colour changing kittens book - that's just so random XD

f3ciz3k7xugp.jpg

BAHHAHAH what is thisss?? Not me making up the fact that kittens can change colours just by looking at a colourful shooting star :joy:

I can promise you that I'm a much better artist now hahah. Even though I don't write as much nowadays, I did creative writing in secondary school and even won a writing competition once. I'd like to get back into writing again ^^

Honestly, after reminiscing, I just want to see the world through a child's eyes again. I really miss those times. But if it weren't for these things I've done, I wouldn't be someone who loves to draw and write, so I'm very grateful for me having a wild imagination and being so random as a kid <3

Awww these drawings are adorable! Love how creative mini you was!
    Whats a signatureeeww
    hi two things
    i would have loved to show my younger like 5-6 yeas old books wrting and drawin sadly i dont know where they are also can i send my lang paper 1 cretive writing practises as i think they can be worthwhile to see how i just was before and now <3
    thank you
    -diana
    Kesh260807 wrote: »
    hi two things
    i would have loved to show my younger like 5-6 yeas old books wrting and drawin sadly i dont know where they are also can i send my lang paper 1 cretive writing practises as i think they can be worthwhile to see how i just was before and now <3
    thank you
    -diana

Of course <3
    Whats a signatureeeww
    thank you :)<3