Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

incoherent screaming

orangejuiceorangejuice Posts: 18 Settling in
i really don't know what to say or why im saying this particuarly here
but things are suddenly very hard and i am struggling

i feel like my brain is rotting!
i am so tired!
capitalism is the bane of all evil!
i feel so stupid!
my head feels like it's going to explode!

i know i just need to get into my habits that make me feel better
but i just cant!

i know what i need to do i just cant!!! yay!!

things
are
not
good rn :p

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @orangejuice - welcome to The Mix, it sounds like you are holding a lot right now and so you've done well to write it all down and share it with us.

I really resonate with that feeling of knowing what I need to do, but feeling utterly unable to actually do the things that will help. How would you feel about sharing some of the things that you feel could help you right now? It could be that we can break them down into smaller, more manageable steps that could make it easier for you to give a go. So, what do you think would be the most helpful thing you could do right now, and what would be a small step that helps you on the way to achieving that?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    hi ed!
    things are already improving
    i just really needed a kick in the rear end to get me going
    today i went to the gym for the first time in ages
    so im proud of myself for that
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @orangejuice and welcome!! Glad to hear things are getting better already, how was the gym? What are the other things you know will help?

Can really relate to your post, I get this feeling of being stuck sometimes feeling just physically unable to follow my own advice on how to get myself out of it. I think noticing it is a great first step. 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Definitely on the same page with you here @orangejuice , and glad to have you on The Mix!! <3

Sometimes that overwhelming pressure to be productive is literally so draining, the idea that even on days off, or at the weekend we've got to be performing to 110% or like even our hobbies have to be to some 'traditionally-productive' end, like making money. It can be very isolating in a lot of ways too, that's why it's very awesome that you got the motivation to head on over to the gym =) What sort of stuff do you do at the gym, are you a cardio person, weights, yoga? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @AislingDM
    more of a cardio person!
    y'know
    bog standard
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    classic, sometimes the classic things are the best for a reason, tried and tested right? =) Any type of cardio in particular? I'm personally keen on swimming when I'm just trying to relax <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.