Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not knowing what happens next is causing me stress!

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
So Saturday night I was out walking and was on my way home. Now I will admit it was late, when I originally went out it was to calm my mental health and I ended up walking further than expected. I was walking home and realised my battery was low and I Just wanted to get back. I made a judgement call to walk the quickest way but this meant going through a secluded poorly lit area 🤦🏻‍♀️ Now everything sensible part of me was telling me not to do it, I know the dangers and always stay on main roads where possible but as I say I wanted to gat home and decided to walk down the greenway. Again please spear me the lecture I know it was dumb!

So about half way though the area I noticed a bike coming towards me, the guy riding it took a look at me and carried on. Of course I was keeping a look around the area and saw that he was riding back towards me and had turned his bike lights off. He slowed down next to me and asked if I wanted business. I sharply said no and carried on. He questioned me saying “No?”
And I repeated myself “no” he road off, but further up the path I saw him again he had stopped for a fag. I didn’t acknowledge him and he didn’t say anything. I had a feeling he had started following me because I felt like I kept hearing a bike but couldn’t see him.

Now the situation at the time was a bit creepy but I’m absolutely fine, what I’m stressing about is that this information was forwarded to the police but I didn’t expect them to want me to make a report. This is what I’m stressing about what happens during a police report appointment? What happens after? What if my family find out (they would go ballistic!) will the police saying anything about why I knowingly but myself in a risky situation. Like I say I know it was dumb I just not need people to lecture me about it!

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    @One-in-a-million

First of all I want to say that this is by no means your fault, you keep blaming yourself for walking that way but that shouldn't happen in any area! The guy riding the bike is the one who was following you, you did nothing wrong by walking that way. Why should you have to walk the long way home because of something someone else might do? So please don't think it's your fault!

In terms of the police report, I'm afraid I can't help you. However, if you're over the age of 18 I don't think your parents have to know about it if you are worried about that.

Hope it goes okay <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    edited June 2022
    Hey @One-in-a-million , please don't blame yourself for this. Even though we have thoughts or gut feelings in the moment that could have avoided tough situations, we oftentimes don't follow these feelings which is perfectly fine - it happens. How were you supposed to know that there would be a little creepy encounter on the way you took? Going that way was a perfectly valid reason because it was the short way and you just wanted to go back home.

Unfortunately, I've never experienced a police report appointment before, but it may help to just be honest - I understand how daunting it must be for you, but in the end, you didn't do anything wrong. The guy on the bike was following you which does come across as creepy.

Hoping that the appointment will go well for you <3
    Post edited by kaii on
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Not your fault OIAM, no matter how sketchy the place you walk in is, it's always the creep's fault if something happens because it's their fault that the place is sketchy in the first place. All you wanted to do was to go home <3
    Whats a signatureeeww