Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried about people not receiving my emails

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I have loads of emails to reply to recently and they are all very important. Some of the emails have deadlines to reply to them. I am really worried about people not receiving my emails. I cannot check with them because they are not close friends of mine and I am really worried about ruining things. I am really not sure. How likely would the emails get missing after being sent?
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Kate_20 i know it can be stressful waiting for replies to emails. What I do is just double check the email is in my sent folder, to make sure it’s definitely been sent. I think it’s unlikely the emails would get lost after being sent, it’s more likely the person just hasn’t seen it or had the chance to reply yet.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Kate,

I would love to echo everything dandelion has said. I always double check the sent :blush: It's absolutely okay to chase things up as well, even if not close friends. You can say something brief like "Just wondering whether you received by email at all?".

Sometimes I open emails and think oooh I'll reply to that in a minute ,and then get distracted. And then because the notification is now cleared, I might forget. So those chase up emails are actually super helpful to me! :heart: