Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If a diagnosis only means discrimination and not help, would you want it?

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
If a diagnosis only means discrimination and not help, would you want it?
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    I think it would depend on whether it remains confidential or not and depends on if the condition is visible.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20
    This is a really interesting question. I find this is often the case already with a lot of mental illnesses, particularly personality disorders, a lot of discrimination comes into the play that I don't feel is warranted at all. I think diagnosis are really difficult anyway in the grand scheme of things as we're kind of putting each person into a box that nobody 100% fits into, as everyone reacts and responds differently based on different situations and different experiences, which is something I feel should always be remembered, but unfortunately isn't always the case. I feel like for my own peace of mind I would want a diagnosis so I could fully understand what is going on for me, but I know that if it only meant discrimination is could potentially make my mental health worse in the long-term.