Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What on earth am I to do?

Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
I feel so bad.
Coldplay are my all time favourite band and, at the time I didn’t think into enough, immediately brought tickets for me and my mum to go see them at Wembley. I have no friends and have never met anyone who even likes Coldplay in their top 5 favourites.
Mum does so much for me. She’s my only friend. The only other person I would even consider going with is my cousin, she lives in Scotland and just moved home and at the time of the gig she would then have a new month old baby.
It’s not till August, but I feel I can’t even listen to their music anymore without feeling guilty about me making the complete wrong assumption she would be ok.
Unless I sell my tickets..but I don’t want to.
Just feel so awful 😞

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Millicento,

Thank you for sharing this with us. It sounds like you are having some really big feelings of guilt and perhaps confusion around what to do. This sounds difficult, so sending love and support your way

You mention Coldplay are your all time favourite band, so it 's understandable that you bought tickets without thinking deep into the logistics. When our favourite artists release tickets for shows, it can be such an exciting time where our focus just goes to securing those tickets, and the logistics come after. I know I've definitely done this before haha! You haven't done anything wrong at all :heart:

Just to check my understanding - have you spoken to your mum about the tickets, eg does she know that you bought them for the two of you?
  • Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    @coc0mac yes she does know. When I brought them I told her I would go alone if nobody wanted to come and she said that she would. She said she feels bad as she can’t give me what I want. I know august is quite a bit away…. But it seems the mention of them puts me on edge as to not make her feel guilty😔 I just feel so stuck rn…
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Millicento_. Thanks for sharing this with us. It sounds really difficult for you.

What makes your mum unable to give you what you want - is there a way around this? Sending you hugs! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 - she is struggling herself right now, so I hope that the guilt is coming from a different mindset. Only, of course, I won’t know. I’m pretty sure she’ll come, and I now know not to do it again. Just feel like I’m walking on eggshells if I am to ever ever mention Coldplay. I even avoid playing their music if she is here in the room with me…
  • Niamhh1309Niamhh1309 Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @Millicento_
    I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling, thank you for sharing how you are feeling with us. I understand you must be conflicted with whether to sell your tickets or not as you are not sure whether your mum will be able to come or not.

On the off chance that your mum is unable to come, would you be willing to go on your own?
    @Niamhh1309 i think in the long run she will come with me. She doesn’t want me to go alone. I think as I am already excited to go and it’s not for another 2 months, I have that push inside. I just don’t want to feel like I’ve dragged her along as I made a silly assumption 😕 hopefully things will change for her over the next couple months and maybe it’ll be a good day for us both🤞🏼 Right now though, I don’t even dare to mention it🙄