Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello :)

kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
Hello, nice to meet you guys! I'm Catherine Kaira, but you can call me Kai :smile: I'm an undergraduate student studying psychology, and I really love drawing and playing the piano.

I hope everyone is well! <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kai it’s nice to meet you. I also like playing the piano, what sort of stuff do you like to play?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Dandelion Nice to meet you too! :blush: I like to play all sorts of stuff on the piano, but I especially love playing OSTs to games and shows that I like! How about you? :smile:
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hello, nice to meet you guys! I'm Catherine Kaira, but you can call me Kai :smile: I'm an undergraduate student studying psychology, and I really love drawing and playing the piano.

I hope everyone is well! <3

Hey kai, how are you? I'm Leila, lovely to meet you! ☺ welcome to the mix !
  • Options
    @Leila Hi! Thank you so much! Really nice to meet you too, I'm doing great! Lately, I've been revising for exams :smile: how about you?
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    @Leila Hi! Thank you so much! Really nice to meet you too, I'm doing great! Lately, I've been revising for exams :smile: how about you?

That's lovely, I'm okay thank you!
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    @Dandelion Nice to meet you too! :blush: I like to play all sorts of stuff on the piano, but I especially love playing OSTs to games and shows that I like! How about you? :smile:

Ooh that sounds really cool. I’ll play anything really lol I love anything by einaudi I think it sounds really pretty
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Dandelion Yeah same! I agree, Einaudi's songs are really nice to listen to! :blush:
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,036 Wise Owl
    Hi and welcome to the mix <3
  • Options
    @sinead276 Thank you so much! <3
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @kaira_rubit. Welcome to The Mix’s community. It is great to see you have joined us.

How are you today? I hope you are well but if you need anything, we are here for you.

Thanks for sharing some information with us about yourself. It is always great to get to know our community members.

It sounds like you really enjoy drawing and playing the piano. Do you enjoy drawing anything, in particular, or any particular favourite music you like to play on the piano?

I am also hearing that you are an undergraduate student studying Psychology. How are you finding being an undergraduate student studying Psychology at the moment?

Take care for now and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hiya @Laura_tigger82 , thank you so much for the warm welcome! <3

I'm doing great today, I hope you're well too! :)

I pretty much love playing anything on the piano haha :blush: though I especially love playing OSTs from my favourite games or shows. I really like the song 'For River' from the game To The Moon, so I know how to play it.

As for drawing, I like to draw anything as well! But I'd say that I'm particularly good at drawing realistic portraits ^^ I like to draw anime characters too!

I'm finding psychology great at the moment! It's a very intriguing and diverse field! It has been very challenging though - there's so much content and reading to do :s I'm currently preparing for exams, so I hope it will all go well ^^

You take care too! <3

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hiya @kaira_rubit. You are welcome. It is the very least you deserve. Thank you for your response.

I am glad to hear you are doing great today. I am well too thank you.

Oh, you sound really talented on the piano! And most importantly, you sound really passionate about playing the piano. How fantastic that you can play the theme tunes from games and shows you enjoy.

Drawing also sounds really interesting. Enjoyment of hobbies always comes before how “good” you are at them! Do you have any particular favourite realistic portraits or anime characters you like to draw?

It is really positive that you are enjoying Psychology at the moment, especially with it being intriguing and diverse. I can hear that it is also challenging though, with so much content and reading to do.

You are doing so well! and it is clear that you care about your degree. How are you feeling about exams at the moment? Sending you the best of luck with your exams! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 I'm glad you're doing good too!

Thank you so much! I find OSTs just so wonderful to play - although most of them are so difficult hahah, the struggle practicing them is all worth it after successfully completing the song!

I drew the anime character Violet Evergarden! I also drew Nishinoya from Haikyuu :blush: I'm really proud of how I drew them ^^ and as for realistic portraits, I drew J-Hope, Suga, Jungkook and V from BTS! I hope I can draw Jin, Jimin and RM soon! I also drew some dogs that I'm really happy about! :)

Have you got any hobbies/interests that you're passionate about?

Right now, I'm not feeling as confident as I should for exams :# - but somehow I'm not nervous for them! Maybe because I know that I can get through it :blush: thank you so much for the luck! <3
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @kaira_rubit

Welcome to the community, it's such a pleasure to meet you! I hope uni is going really well and you're keeping well. We're always here for you every step of the way! Looking forward to seeing you around here, and sending you loads of love <3
  • Options
    @Brookee Hi! Very nice to meet you too! Thank you so much for a lovely welcome!

I'm doing great and uni's going just fine, hope you are well too! :smile:
    Sending you love as well <3