Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
I just found out my grandad has days left and that he has cancer, I'm broken πŸ’” he was the person I was living for, I can't 😭

Comments

• Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Sorry for hearing that. Sending hugs. Would you like to talk more about it? We are here for you.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    QuΓ© dolor, quΓ© pena y quΓ© tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Kate_20 wrote: Β»
    Sorry for hearing that. Sending hugs. Would you like to talk more about it? We are here for you.

Hi,

I was so close to him, he's 75, he's had a good life but only recently he's been suffering with health problems, doctors said he's really unwell, πŸ’”.

It's selfish to keep him on life support, but I don't or nor does my family want him in pain so we might let him go.

πŸ˜”
  • enorth1enorth1 Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    @Sunbathequeen my heart broke for you reading that :disappointed: Cancer is such a cruel disease. I can really feel your pain in your words, and I would imagine that you are still processing and coming to terms with such devastating news. You mentioned that your grandad is who you are living for, would you feel able to let me know a little bit more about what you meant by that? We at the mix are here to support you during this time, whether you'd like to share your feelings, or need a place to escape for a while, whatever you need we are here for you<3
    enorth1 wrote: Β»
    @Sunbathequeen my heart broke for you reading that :disappointed: Cancer is such a cruel disease. I can really feel your pain in your words, and I would imagine that you are still processing and coming to terms with such devastating news. You mentioned that your grandad is who you are living for, would you feel able to let me know a little bit more about what you meant by that? We at the mix are here to support you during this time, whether you'd like to share your feelings, or need a place to escape for a while, whatever you need we are here for you<3

Hi,

I've struggled with mental health issues and my grandad was the person I held on for, but I'm not giving up yet.
    😭
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I'm so sorry to here this @Sunbathequeen, we're all here for you x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.Β 
    I'm so sorry to here this @Sunbathequeen, we're all here for you x

Thank you.x
    I miss him 😒 πŸ˜ͺ
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Have you got anyone you can speak to about how you are feeling. Have you thought about making a memory box? You collect things that remind you of your Grandad, like photos or other little bits and put them in a box, then when you are missing him you can look through the box to remind yourself of those memories x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.Β 
    Have you got anyone you can speak to about how you are feeling. Have you thought about making a memory box? You collect things that remind you of your Grandad, like photos or other little bits and put them in a box, then when you are missing him you can look through the box to remind yourself of those memories x

Good idea, I'll do that! Thank you!
    X
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Sunbathequeen
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss, I hope you're doing okay and doing things that bring you some comfort in this time. We're always here for you and I'm sending you no end of love right now <3
    Brookee wrote: Β»
    Hey @Sunbathequeen
    I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss, I hope you're doing okay and doing things that bring you some comfort in this time. We're always here for you and I'm sending you no end of love right now <3

Thank you Brooke, so lovely to hear people are here for me,

Leila!
    I hate my life
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your loss, I can't begin to imagine how much you are suffering right now. It must be devastating to lose someone who was a big part of your life. It makes so much sense to feel so hopeless and confused, especially when you're experiencing such heartbreaking grief. I just thought I'd mention, like @Dandelion 's idea, is there anything the two of you did together that you might feel able to do to feel closer to him? Huge hugs and love to you and everyone who knew and loved him <3 xxxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your loss, I can't begin to imagine how much you are suffering right now. It must be devastating to lose someone who was a big part of your life. It makes so much sense to feel so hopeless and confused, especially when you're experiencing such heartbreaking grief. I just thought I'd mention, like @Dandelion 's idea, is there anything the two of you did together that you might feel able to do to feel closer to him? Huge hugs and love to you and everyone who knew and loved him <3 xxxx

Thank you- big hugs!
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    edited April 2022
    I know someone who talked/vented to a catholic church and she felt better, 'confessions' wat they called πŸ˜€
    Crazy mad insane
    I know someone who talked/vented to a catholic church and she felt better, 'confessions' wat they called πŸ˜€

Thank you, Ellie
    Feel awful
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    How have you been feeling over the past week @Leila ? I know sometimes when a little bit of time passes, some people who supported you in the beginning can drift away, so wanted to check if you've got some kind friends around you right now? <3 xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited May 2022
    How have you been feeling over the past week @Leila ? I know sometimes when a little bit of time passes, some people who supported you in the beginning can drift away, so wanted to check if you've got some kind friends around you right now? <3 xx

I've made so many friends on here, @Ash1 @Jellyelephant @Shaunie @awesomeminecraft6789 they've made me feel so welcome, and I love every single of them honestly! Also, thank you!β™‘
    Post edited by Leila on
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    I am really glad to hear you have made friends on here @Leila and feel welcome. If you need anything, please let us know. We are all here for you. Sending you best wishes! :)
    I am really glad to hear you have made friends on here @Leila and feel welcome. If you need anything, please let us know. We are all here for you. Sending you best wishes! :)

Just thank you.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    You are welcome @Leila. We are all here for you. It is the very least you deserve. Sending you hugs :)