Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dyslexia

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was aswer a questen I was laughed at because I could not read it properly I try to read as best but people noxk me down and I feel ashamed of myself not being able to read 100%
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    I have to do a presentation thing for my teacher at college, I finish in June but I have to do it infront of the week, and other students which is not great because im going to be picked on because I have dyslexia I give up
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I understand how cruel people can be at times, and how anxious you must feel about the presentation. You have nothing to be ashamed of and should try to be confident in yourself, as difficult as that may be.

Have you spoken to your teacher about this and how it's making you feel? They might be able to help you in a number of different ways - reassure you on the presentation, properly explain things, or even allow you to present to them privately.

I think you should know that having and struggling with Dyslexia doesn't define who you are in the slightest. There are many, many very intelligent and talented people who've struggled similarly, it's just one very small aspect of things, and you can find ways to work around it.

All the best to you :) let us know how it goes.
    Supernova wrote: »
    I understand how cruel people can be at times, and how anxious you must feel about the presentation. You have nothing to be ashamed of and should try to be confident in yourself, as difficult as that may be.

Have you spoken to your teacher about this and how it's making you feel? They might be able to help you in a number of different ways - reassure you on the presentation, properly explain things, or even allow you to present to them privately.

I think you should know that having and struggling with Dyslexia doesn't define who you are in the slightest. There are many, many very intelligent and talented people who've struggled similarly, it's just one very small aspect of things, and you can find ways to work around it.

All the best to you :) let us know how it goes.

Hey,

Thank you thus means a lot, I know people who judge are cruel.
    I'll ask my teacher tomorrow as I've left college now, but I thought na telling him won't do anything, but thinking about it he might be able to help me with my presentation as I have hardly any brain cells due to doing this course for 2 years my brains flushed, but I am so thankful for your reply,

Leila
    Scared to have to ask him, if I can do the presentation not infront of others, super scared
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Sunbathequeen

I'm wondering how you're feeling now, did you manage to speak to your teacher? <3
    Brookee wrote: »
    Hey @Sunbathequeen

I'm wondering how you're feeling now, did you manage to speak to your teacher? <3

Hi

I didnt because I went to speak to the head of department but I broke down buy ill email them, thank you for checking on me!
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2022
    Hi @Sunbathequeen

This sounds really upsetting for you and understandably so. How are you feeling about the idea of emailing them at the moment?

We are here for you if you would like to talk this through with us. For example, if you would feel more comfortable exploring what you might like to write in your email before sending the email.

Another resource you might find helpful is the British Dyslexia Association. The British Dyslexia Association offers advice, information and a helpline. You can call their helpline on 0333 405 4567 or email them at helpline@bdadyslexia.org.uk.

I also want to say what strength you have shown in continuing to push through! We all find different things difficult but we also all have different strengths.

Please keep us up to date, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.