Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

He doesn't understand the full extent :/

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I spoke to my 1-2-1 teacher about my worries about standing up in front of the class with my presentation, but I did not get the reaction I was hoping for.

He seemed to understand at first but then he just seemed annoyed or not bothered when I said I am anxious about it after this boy laughed at told lies about me because I couldn't answer a question or because I couldn't understand it, bearing in mind I have dyslexia.

When other students talk to him about issues they are facing he understands but when I said what I was feeling he just shrugged and did not seem to care, was it because he hates me or dislikes me? is my problem not enough to make him want to listen, I feel neglected because I feel like I can't tell anyone about how I feel because I thought i could talk to him and see what would be done but obviously not so I am stuck, and upset that I am going to get made fun of with it.

I just feel like I don't want to do the presentation, but that means 2 whole years of study means I don't leave with a degree, but I don't feel supported, but I don't know how else I can say to him that It's upsetting me really badly.

sorry for this post.

Leila
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Sunbathequeen

I am so sorry this is something you have to deal with at the moment, teachers are supposed to be supportive and understanding, not make you feel like your feelings are not valid.

I would suggest talking to someone higher up about this issue, it seems your teacher isn't going to help you so it may be beneficial to get in contact with maybe a student rep or even your course leader?

Hope you find a solution to this <3
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hi @Sunbathequeen

I am so sorry this is something you have to deal with at the moment, teachers are supposed to be supportive and understanding, not make you feel like your feelings are not valid.

I would suggest talking to someone higher up about this issue, it seems your teacher isn't going to help you so it may be beneficial to get in contact with maybe a student rep or even your course leader?

Hope you find a solution to this <3

Hey,
    I'll do that tomorrow, I hope someone listens, as its making me upset- thank you!