Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi

uc789uc789 Posts: 1 Just got here
I did my final year & graduated during the Start of the Pandemic in 2020. There was a lot of pressure so i didn't do as well as I wanted but i still graduated. But then the stressful part of looking for work happened. I actually wanted to take a bit of a break. After constantly being stressed for the past 3 years i thought i atleast deserved it but ny family members thought otherwise & continually pestered me to find a job. I worked odd jobs here & there and then last year i decided i had enough. I was mentally & physically exhausted and needed some time to myself but again people around me continously pestering me, why you not working, why you not looking for work, you have to work, just do any job,
I am still looking for work occasionally & i know i will feel overwhelmed if i think too much so I'm just going at my own pace while also getting a bit of a break but the constant "i'm working and paying bills what have you done, you just sit at home all day, why you're not going outside, you can't just do nothing and sleep all day. It's starts making me feel even more worthless. I know my health matters more than anything thats why sometimes i decide to take a break, it helps. But the constant reminders that im not good enough, they really break me & make me want to give up. Because what's the point in trying when no one sees all the hard work you put in.
No one has once told me that it's okay,
You've done well or im proud of you.
I have been struggling alone for so long but I never gave up because I know Someday it will all be worth it.
I just need someone to listen.

Comments

• Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    uc789 wrote: »
    I did my final year & graduated during the Start of the Pandemic in 2020. There was a lot of pressure so i didn't do as well as I wanted but i still graduated. But then the stressful part of looking for work happened. I actually wanted to take a bit of a break. After constantly being stressed for the past 3 years i thought i atleast deserved it but ny family members thought otherwise & continually pestered me to find a job. I worked odd jobs here & there and then last year i decided i had enough. I was mentally & physically exhausted and needed some time to myself but again people around me continously pestering me, why you not working, why you not looking for work, you have to work, just do any job,
    I am still looking for work occasionally & i know i will feel overwhelmed if i think too much so I'm just going at my own pace while also getting a bit of a break but the constant "i'm working and paying bills what have you done, you just sit at home all day, why you're not going outside, you can't just do nothing and sleep all day. It's starts making me feel even more worthless. I know my health matters more than anything thats why sometimes i decide to take a break, it helps. But the constant reminders that im not good enough, they really break me & make me want to give up. Because what's the point in trying when no one sees all the hard work you put in.
    No one has once told me that it's okay,
    You've done well or im proud of you.
    I have been struggling alone for so long but I never gave up because I know Someday it will all be worth it.
    I just need someone to listen.

Hey,

Welcome! @uc789 I'm proud if you too! Welcome!^-^
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @uc789 firstly a huge congratulations for graduating that’s an amazing achievement. My uni tutor always says it doesn’t matter if you don’t do as well as you want to if you end up graduating because you still have a degree at the end of the day. So well done having a degree is something to be proud of. I understand it must be frustrating have people pestering you to find a job. You’re right you health does matter and should come before finding a job. I think it’s totally okay to have a little break, uni is super stressful. I think going at your own pace is a good idea you can take it a day at a time and start looking for jobs when you feel ready. I just want to remind you that you are good enough, you’ve put all the hard work in and graduated uni and it’s okay to have a break. Keep going we believe in you! Please feel free to reach out whenever you need
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    gracex174gracex174 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi :) First of all congratulations on graduating that's a great achievement, especially during the pandemic, I can understand feeling disappointed if you feel as though you could have done better, but please give yourself credit, you studied and graduated during a global pandemic. That would add a lot of outside stress and pressure especially as a student, so the fact you graduated during one is a huge achievement, so well done! But with the whole pressure of finding a job, the main thing is prioritising your health, as as you said working too much will leave you overwhelmed, I understand not working may cause some financial or mental health problems, but you could speak to your GP for support with that, that is confidential from anyone pressuring you. Please know that anyone reading your post would be so proud of you, your graduation, your hard work to take on multiple jobs, and your selflessness to put your family first, they truly show how amazing of a person you are. Your hard work and perseverance are really admirable to me, so don't be hard on yourself, and look after your health. If you want to reach out to talk about work or just anything in general please feel free, look after yourself and good luck, I believe in you :)