Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Introducing Myself

SkylarswimsSkylarswims Posts: 18 Settling in
Hello, my name is Skylar I have learning disabilities: ADHD, OCD, Auditory Processing Disorder, Oral Expression Disorder, Severe Anxiety, and Depression. I feel sorry, anxious, depressed because I feel like people think I am annoying, crazy, weird, etc. It feels like nobody likes me or wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to text with me/hang out with me. It feels like I am invisible like some people don't even notice me. It makes me feel sad and lonely because it feels like nobody wants to be my friend.

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Skylarswims welcome! It’s nice to meet you 😊
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    gemmadixgemmadix Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey! It is so nice to meet you! I am new here too. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Would you like to talk about what is making you feel this way? No pressure if not.
    Welcome to The Mix
  • Options
    gemmadix wrote: »
    Hey! It is so nice to meet you! I am new here too. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Would you like to talk about what is making you feel this way? No pressure if not.
    Welcome to The Mix

Yes please can we please dm?
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Hey @Skylarswims
    Welcome to the Mix!
    It's great to have you here :)

Thank you, Could you please dm me?
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey @Skylarswims welcome! It’s nice to meet you 😊

Can we please dm?
  • Options
    AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the mix we are glad to have you here!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @Skylarswims! Really glad to have you here and no doubt there will be plenty of folks around who want to chat a bit more. :)
    Yes please can we please dm?
    Thank you, Could you please dm me?
    Can we please dm?
    Just a heads up that you need 10 posts to send DMs to other members, and we tend to recommend asking for support in a discussion thread rather than via DM. That's just because it means everyone can contribute, mods can oversee the conversation, and there's less pressure on individual people to provide that support. :) (not saying you'd deliberately apply any pressure - just one of those things that can happen when asking people for support privately)
    The truth resists simplicity.