Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Too much pressure

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
My parents are putting too much pressure on me. They want me to find a job as people my age do. They forgot about my mental health and they still do not trust my diagnosis. They always imagine that I have graduated the same time as my classmates did. They blamed me for not working hard when I was writing things down to aid memorisation of things I need to learn. I have to study under pressure for an exam for work and also have to avoid burnout again and they made it very hard for me to cope.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,304 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2022
    Before I reply in full I wanted to acknowledge that you posted this a while ago Kate - apologies it hasn't been responded to sooner. HL&M tends to be a bit overlooked.

I know what it's like to be under a lot of educational pressure and it really blows. Especially when you're also juggling other things like your mental health. For whatever it's worth, even if your parents are making it impossible to see or believe this right now...

:star:you're enough and what you're doing is enough :star:

Have you ever spoken to your parents directly about the pressure they're putting on you? Sometimes parents can think they're just parenting when really they're hurting us, and an honest conversation can change that. I know that might not be the case for you though.

Also, wanted to say it's cool to see you consciously thinking about avoiding burnout. I know you've had your foot on the gas for a while and felt a bit frayed. How are your energy levels?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Not great and I've got some devastating news about my degree. Now I question my ability to understand people. Maybe I damaged my brain to the extent that I could no longer understand instructions.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That must be so heart breaking for you, to work so hard at something only to receive devastating news is awful. Would you like to talk a bit about the news? (no worries if not) xxx

Wondering pretty big questions like that makes so much sense, especially after being emotionally-crushed by something that means so much to you, having to live up to such high educational pressure is immense no matter who it's coming from and so I want you to know that it really is okay to sit with the pain of this devastating news, it might be that nothing makes sense to you, and giving yourself the space to navigate that is not just important but so deserved, and we will be here through every moment of it <3 I wonder if you wanted to talk about no longer understanding instructions? Especially because it could be good to hear about how people cope with taking on board directions, I know sometimes instructions can be super unclear too which definitely doesn't help things. Huge hugs as always xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.