Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi There

PugPug Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
edited January 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, so my name is Hayley. I wasn't too sure how to go about this, but I'm 20, non-binary, and have suffered with anxiety, depression and eating issues for a few years now. Recently it has been a big struggle for me to go out and I primarily stay inside playing games or drawing. I was actually told about this website by a counselling place, and thought it might help to try and talk to people other than my family haha. I hope I am more confident in being involved on forums, and look forward to getting to know people =) .
- Pug

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Pug its really nice to meet you, how are you doing today? And what kind of games do you like playing?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    Hey @Pug

Thanks for joining us. It is great to see you have joined The Mix's community. How are you today? Thanks for telling us some information about yourself. It is always great to get to know you. I am just wondering, do you currently have any support with your mental health? I only ask because we would like to support you if you need anything.

Playing games and drawing sounds great fun! Do you enjoy any games in particular or have any favourite things you like to draw? I am so glad to hear you heard about this website by a counselling place. How amazing. I am feeling really proud, and glad you became aware of this website.

Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Pug

Welcome to the Mix, it's a pleasure to meet you! Thanks so much for opening up to us, and being so honest. This is a safe space for you whenever you need, so don't hesitate to reach out whenever you need to. I think it's wonderful that you're doing things that are making you feel safe, happy and comforted within your home, I understand how difficult anxiety can make it to leave the house, and you're doing the best you can, within the circumstances you've been given, and that's amazing. Take as much time as you need, we'll be here whenever.

Sending you lots of love and strength! <3
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Pug

It's so nice to have you here! I look forward to hearing from you :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Laura_tigger82 thank you for such a warm welcome to the community. I am doing good thank you, in answer to your question I am waiting on the counselling services of The Mix to allow booking again. I've been trying for the last week but it says the telephone and webchat counselling isn't available right now.

I'm a big fan of horror games and games with puzzles. With drawing I mostly draw my own characters, but have recently tried to get back into still life and realism but it is gonna take some time haha
  • Options
    Hi @Brookee thank you for such a kind message, I can already tell everyone is really nice on here and look forward to being more present in the community. I look forward to getting know everyone better, and thank you again for such a nice message :)
  • Options
    Hi @daisyella12 thank you, and it is nice to meet so many friendly people :)
  • Options
    Hey @Pug

You are more than welcome. It is the very least we could do to support you. I am glad you are doing good. Oh wow, you sound like a true artist as you can draw such a wide variety of things. Well done!

I also like games with puzzles, do you have any particular favourites? Similarly, do you have any favourite horror games?

I am really sorry to hear @TheMix don't seem to be taking bookings for counselling at the moment. I really hope they are able to again really soon.

In the meantime, if you ever want a chat, we are here for you (on the community, on the helpline, or crisis messenger), and so are Samaritans, and Shout!

I have listed all these details below in a spoiler which I hope will help. Please just let us know if we can do anything else to help! <3
    - The Mix - community (you are already here!)
    - The Mix - helpline: Call 0808 808 4994 (3 pm - 12 am, 7 days a week)
    - The Mix - crisis messenger: Text THEMIX to 85258 (24/7)
    - Samaritans: Call 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org (24/7)
    - Shout: Text SHOUT to 85258
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Laura_tigger82

Thank you! I have been drawing for a while now, but it comes and goes with motivation.

I'm a big fan of the Portal games and Tomb Raider when it comes to puzzles, the secret tombs are my favourite. And my favourite horror games are Little Nightmares, Outlast and the later Resident Evil games, they're some of the only horror games I've played that genuinely scared me haha.

Thank you for the list of details, it's really helpful and I will definitely keep them in mind. Thank you again for being so welcoming :)
  • Options
    Hey @Pug

Ah, I completely understand. Dips in motivation does not ever mean less skilled though.

Oh, I am assuming you think the more horror the better then? I am the opposite! Quite a Disney fan me. I have heard some rather great things about Tomb Raider though.

You are more than welcome. Just please never feel like you have to go through this, or anything else, alone because you don't! We are all here for you, listening to you, supporting you, rooting for you, and caring for you <3
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion it's nice to meet you too. I am doing okay thank you, how are you? And I'm a big fan of the Far Cry series and things like Psychonauts 2 and Tomb Raider. But I'm a huge horror fan too, and love small indie games. What sort of things are you interested in?
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey Hayley, @Pug welcome to the community, everyone is super supportive you'll love it here :) i can empathise as i suffer with anxiety too im here to offer any support and tips ive learnt along my journey <3
  • Options
    Hey @gia9720

Thanks for your support. Your support for our community members is always acknowledged and really appreciated. Please remember we are here for you too though! How are you today? :)