Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is Support Circle?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited November 2023 in Community Announcements
Do you:
  • find it difficult to be heard in Support Chat or on the discussion boards?
  • prefer to get support in smaller groups where you get more attention?
  • like supporting others?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have the perfect space for you!

What is Support Circle?
Support Circle is a group chat of around 4 people, where everyone takes it in turns to get support while the rest of the group listens. It works similarly to how you might picture an AA meeting.

The room is password-protected and facilitated by a moderator. Everyone arrives at the start and stays for the whole session to make sure everyone in the group is supported equally.

In Support Circle, you can sign up to get support or be a listener for others.

When is it?
Support Circle is every Tuesday from 7:55pm - 9:30pm

What should I expect when I join?
Support Circle is broken up into four segments:
  • 8:00 - 8:10 | Arrivals and opening round question
  • 8:10 - 8:15 | Creating a group agreement
  • 8:15 - 9:15 | Support hour (split equally between everyone)
  • 9:15 - 9:30 | Closing round question

Do I have to support others?
We ask that everybody tries their best to contribute during everyone's time to share. Think of it a bit like a face-to-face support group - the idea is that everyone chips in to help each other. This also means the moderator can focus more on running the session and keeping time for everyone.

If you're not sure what to say, just making it clear you're listening can make a big difference.

What if I can't stay for the whole session?
Think of Support Circle a bit like a face-to-face support group - it can come across as disrespectful to others if you leave in the middle, so try your best to stay for the whole chat. If you don't feel well or you're finding something triggering, it's okay to leave, just let the group know if you're coming back.

If you regularly leave Support Circle early, you may not be given a place in future sessions.

What order do people go in?
The order is randomised and communicated to you before the session begins.

How do I sign up?
You can sign up for the next session any time using this link: https://bit.ly/33TeM6L

A few hours after you sign up, you'll be sent an email telling you how to confirm your space. If you don't confirm your space it will go to someone else, so make sure you do that ASAP.

I'm worried I'm taking a space away from someone else
You're just as deserving of support as anyone else who might want a space. Besides, we almost always have free spaces and Support Circle is better when we have a full group!
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments