Home Fix The Mix

Help us improve the Sex and Relationships description

AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,562 Community Manager
edited December 2021 in Fix The Mix
Hi everyone,

We ran a co-design a few months ago for a project called Your Best Friend. The aim of the project is to help empower young people with the knowledge and confidence to spot abuse in relationships and support their friends.

From the co-design we ran a few months ago, we heard from young people that they wouldn't know that they could post in the Sex & Relationships section of the discussion boards to get support for their friends. The current description sounds like it's just for those struggling, rather than being a space where both those struggling and their friends can get support.

We want to hear from you about how would we can change the description we have for the Sex & Relationships section of the boards to help friends know this is also a space they can reach out for support.

Here's a copy of the current description, feel free to share any ideas you have in the comments below:

oype3sepivqi.png

[Image description: a screenshot of the Sex & Relationships section of the discussion boards, the text reads 'Sex & Relationships' and the description reads 'Friends, family and lovers']
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
La_La

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,860 Boards Guru
    Hi @Aife

Ooh, this is a great challenge! Maybe yours, theirs, bonding if I had to base it on three words <3
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • La_LaLa_La PLANET MARSPosts: 156 Helping Hand
    This is a very interesting post. I think the current definition is okay but yes adding a bit about 'reach out for help with friends, family, lovers' may help a bit
    ~ Dreamer ~
    Great idea @La_La. All ideas are welcomed and appreciated! We need to make sure it is the best it can be.

I nearly put it as a difficult morning challenge when I responded. It turns out it was the afternoon and I probably need a strong coffee! So anyone who has any ideas, please share =)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
    La_La
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you! Yes it is a bit of a tough challenge
    ~ Dreamer ~
    Hi @La_La

You are welcome. It is indeed a tough challenge but one that I know we can all win together! :)

La_La
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,562 Community Manager
    Thank you very much for sharing your ideas @Laura_tigger82 and @La_La. These really are excellent and highlight well that someone can get support for their friends. I really liked the way you phrased your idea @La_La, and I've made that change to the description today :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Laura_tigger82La_La
    @Aife Thank you, I am very glad that my suggestion was accepted! :3 Have a great new year!
    ~ Dreamer ~
    Laura_tigger82Aife
    I hope you have a great new year too @La_La :3

La_La
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you, you too!
    ~ Dreamer ~
    Laura_tigger82
    You are more than welcome @La_La :3

La_La