Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A mess up week

lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
So firstly, a guy at school in my year. He’s one of those people that don’t know when to shut his mouth, basically when we were in art we did sewing and the guy cut himself and started joking about self harm and suicide. I started shouting at him due to me attempting and acting upon these things in the past and then recently I managed to tell the head of our year. The guy keeps on annoying me on purpose and it’s getting on my nerves. I’ve managed not to hurt him but when we were in French, he called me and my best friend “gay” and that we should kill our selves. , I’ve punched multiple brick walls because of him. I’ve had to go to learning support twice because I was thinking of self harm and I needed some time to think.
Secondly, my boyfriend. Last night, he told me he craves physical touch, like cuddles, kissing But we have a long distance relationship and his parents don’t know so I can’t surprise him or anything. He also said his mental health isn’t the best since he’s had covid and had 19 assignments to do and he told me last night that he wasn’t ready for dating again, but he doesn’t want to take a break because if we did then I might not feel the same connection after and it just hurts me that he thinks that but I just want to see him… to feel his arms around me. I want to see him sooner (we’re planning to meet in February) but I’m not sure if he’ll have the time and he hates the cold so we can’t go to the park or whatever.
Thirdly my sleeping schedule and mental health has been down the hole. Like last night, one hour of sleep, yesterday night, all nighter.
Sorry I needed to rant
How you guys doing anyways?
I fear not the dark
But what may lurk within

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @lovenature773 Hello!

I'm so sorry to read that you're going through such a difficult time right now. That's really insensitive of him, and I'm so sorry you've had to sit through his ignorant comments about self-harm and suicide, that's just awful. Honestly, the more I read, the more disgusted I am at what you and your friend are having to put up with, this is revolting and disgusting behaviour from him. I wonder if you've thought about reporting him to your well-being tutor/ support worker within the school? I know this isn't always a possible solution, but I think it's important that this is put to rest immediately, in case this further impacts your mental health. Remember that you and your mental health are more important.

I think it's really commendable that you reached out to learning support, I know it wasn't necessarily in the way you'd probably have liked, but It's important that you realised how incredible this is! Particularly as a way of reducing the risk of self-harm.

I'm really sorry about the situation with your boyfriend. I don't think this situation is very fair on you at all. Have you discussed your boundaries with him because yet again, it's important that your mental health is put first, as hard as it can be, your boundaries and mental health are paramount. If you feel able, do you think you could discuss with him how what he's said has made you feel?

Please don't apologise for ranting, it's important that you feel listened to and are able to express these emotions.

Please please remember you are worth so much more than others make you feel, your feelings are always valid and I'm sending you so much love <3