Home Care Experienced Zone

Care Experienced Week 2021!!

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large AnchorSomewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
23/10-31/10 is care experienced week. I'm celebrating with my advocacy group and other care experienced young people.

Exciting things have been planned for this week.
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `
independent_La_La

Comments

• independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 7,811 Legendary Poster
    It’s great that people are raising awareness <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    La_La
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,868 Boards Guru
    Hi @Anch0r33,

This sounds wonderful. Would you like to expand on the exciting things that have been planned for the week? I am intrigued =)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
    I did a lot of different events with who cares Scotland, such a wonderful organisation. Things such as Halloween care parties, showcases and other events!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    La_La
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,868 Boards Guru
    That sounds amazing @Anch0r33! How were the events? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Posts: 1,190 Wise Owl
    That sounds amazing @Anch0r33! How were the events? :)

I really enjoyed them! The showcase was my favourite and my entry caught a lot of attention so felt good!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    La_La
  • La_LaLa_La PLANET MARSPosts: 156 Helping Hand
    That sounds awesome. What kind of showcase was it?
    ~ Dreamer ~
    La_La wrote: »
    That sounds awesome. What kind of showcase was it?

We created art work and had it showcased to my councils corporate parents (so police, education, NHS and anyone else like that!!)

My work made it as pinned post on my councils page!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `