Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I feel like the crisis team would think it is my fault if I die

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I feel worse after talking to the crisis team. They said a lot of things that were triggering. I feel like the crisis team would think it is my fault if I die. Maybe I should get killed. I don't want to think about it. I just want to get drunk. Alcohol feels much better than meds because they can make me feel better in a short time.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20,

I am so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with the crisis team. It does not sound like they helped you much. Please remember you can always reach out to Papyrus and Samaritans if you would like further support. I have posted their details below. I hope you feel better soon. We are here for you.

Papyrus (2 pm - midnight)

Call 0800 068 41 41
    Email pat@papyrus-uk.org

Samaritans (24/7)

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I do not have privacy in my room so I would email some of the services.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That's simply horrid, and in some ways I'm sure, leaves you feeling totally alone :( That's certainly not the role of a crisis team, but that doesn't mean they cannot end up making you feel worse, as has clearly happened. You deserve to be supported, no matter what the circumstances, and feeling blamed for your pain is truly ridiculous and wrong. Would you like to talk about how they made you feel like it's your fault? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    That's simply horrid, and in some ways I'm sure, leaves you feeling totally alone :( That's certainly not the role of a crisis team, but that doesn't mean they cannot end up making you feel worse, as has clearly happened. You deserve to be supported, no matter what the circumstances, and feeling blamed for your pain is truly ridiculous and wrong. Would you like to talk about how they made you feel like it's your fault? <3

@AislingDM The nurse told me I have no diagnosis and I actually had one. She also classified some of the aspects I struggled with as personal choice.
  • Options
    eeb99eeb99 Posts: 14 Settling in
    @Kate_20 That sounds really tough, especially if you feel unsupported by crisis teams.

Regarding your issue of lack of privacy in your room, I would like to suggest SHOUT which is a free mental health helpline that you can text 24/7 which would ensure your privacy and perhaps have faster replies than those of an email service. I will leave their details below in case that sounds of interest :)

Text 'SHOUT' to 85258
    https://giveusashout.org/
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) also has a webchat! If you feel comfortable communicating online, I would recommend them.
    I have used their phone service during trying times, and their speakers tend to be pretty okay; so hopefully they can help too ^^

CALM WEBCHAT
    https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/webchat/
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    @eeb99 @La_La Thanks for the resources that you recommended.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It sounds like some of the medical professionals you're interacting with are leaving you feeling even worse than you did before, because when you seek help, you should be left with a sense of support and hope :( Boiling down immense pain to 'personal choice' is not only horrid, but also dangerously untrue. You deserve to be heard and supported without being judged. Have any other mental health staff been helpful? xx